Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Drought, fire and common sense

Posted by on Nov. 11, 2016 at 12:05 PM
  • 2 Replies

There are wildfires in the mountains and hills surrounding Chattanooga where I live.  

One was started by people tossing out a cigarette.  Another, someone, with not enough brains, soaked a tire in gasoline, lit it and rolled it down the mountain! Other people are having bonfires, weenie roasts and the like because after all, it is fall.  I mean come on people we haven't had rain or even a significant sprinkling of rain in months. It's common sense.

Don't do it.  I don't get why this is not common sense. You can smell and see smoke in the air in many areas. I don't have it so much where I live, but a few miles down the road, where I work it is heavy with smoke.  

I don't get the lack of common sense when we are in a severe drought with a burn ban. 

by on Nov. 11, 2016 at 12:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
PinkButterfly66
by Sapphire Member on Nov. 11, 2016 at 12:12 PM

Maybe they don't have any commonsense.  Maybe they're morons.   The idiots who caused the wildfires should be found and made to pay for the cost of putting out their fires.  

I live in the south and have to contend with rednecks shooting off rifles in residential areas.  One child was killed in a subdivision because some idiot shot his/her gun in the air.  They never found out who was responsible though.  Why do idiots think they can shoot their weapons in the air?  Don't they understand the concept of gravity and force?  What goes up, must come down?  

Thelmama
by Ruby Member on Nov. 11, 2016 at 12:27 PM

I agree wholeheartedly!  People shooting off their guns without thought of others is plain wrong. I grew up in the south and I was raised better than that. You never shoot your gun up in the air, EVER.  Some of my family is actually redneck, lol, and they were raised by their Mamas better than that.  Crazy people are everywhere.

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

Maybe they don't have any commonsense.  Maybe they're morons.   The idiots who caused the wildfires should be found and made to pay for the cost of putting out their fires.  

I live in the south and have to contend with rednecks shooting off rifles in residential areas.  One child was killed in a subdivision because some idiot shot his/her gun in the air.  They never found out who was responsible though.  Why do idiots think they can shoot their weapons in the air?  Don't they understand the concept of gravity and force?  What goes up, must come down?  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)