Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Fellow atheists

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 33 Replies
I been thinking abiut this alot lately. The one thing that bothers me about rleigious people. Most treat you like you just chose to ignore the truth of god as opposed to what we really do...

I cant find the right words. How do you think about this. How wohld you describe it on the flipside.

I dont like this because it implies that atheism is just choosing to ignore religion as truth when actually it means we dont ever believe your belief ( not your TRUTH) if you get what I am saying. Religion is only a real thing to you alone if you choose and not the poeple around you.
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 11, 2016 at 12:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 11, 2016 at 12:55 PM
I wish religon was a person thing only. I hate that it tries to group everyone as a whole. Differne religins. No rleigion. All treat us like we r wrong. But to us. We are not.
Rubberbiscuit
by Gold Member on Nov. 11, 2016 at 1:01 PM
A lot of religious people try to tell us what we REALLY believe. They don't take us at our word that we simply don't believe in a deity. We don't hate ourselves and we're not angry at a god. How can we be angry at something we believe is as real as Santa? They think we're conflicted, but this is this is one of the most unconflicted things in my life. That's what bugs me.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 11, 2016 at 1:03 PM
2 moms liked this
Tell them you worship the devil and want them to give you a rim job.

Wild antics are the only thing that can counter that quickly enough. Otherwise, you could be going around in circles all day with those types.
OwlNuggets
by HAIL NUGGY! on Nov. 11, 2016 at 1:05 PM

"The universe is indifferent to our existence. There is no god, only eternity spent as a fiber within the thread of the tapestry that weaves our time and space."

Arwyn724
by on Nov. 11, 2016 at 1:06 PM
5 moms liked this

I have no problems with atheists in general. Every one is free to believe or not believe in whatever they want. But don't tell me that my God is make-believe. I totally respect your lack of belief in what I believe, but to diminish my intelligence, which is very common for some atheists to do, is insulting.

OwlNuggets
by HAIL NUGGY! on Nov. 11, 2016 at 1:07 PM

This, too.

I've never NOT successfully shut-down attemps at proselytization by calmly and quietly replying:

"But I'm a Satanist."

Quoting Anonymous 2: Tell them you worship the devil and want them to give you a rim job. Wild antics are the only thing that can counter that quickly enough. Otherwise, you could be going around in circles all day with those types.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 11, 2016 at 1:15 PM
Surprisingly or unsurprisingly, Piper in OITNB summed it up very well, in my opinion.

https://youtu.be/ffZlex2M764

Quoting OwlNuggets:

This, too.

I've never NOT successfully shut-down attemps at proselytization by calmly and quietly replying:

"But I'm a Satanist."

Quoting Anonymous 2: Tell them you worship the devil and want them to give you a rim job.

Wild antics are the only thing that can counter that quickly enough. Otherwise, you could be going around in circles all day with those types.

Canthinkofasn
by on Nov. 11, 2016 at 1:16 PM

I don't listen to religious people. Once they start talking nonsense,I walk away.So never been an issue for me.

momofthem311
by on Nov. 11, 2016 at 1:17 PM
Tell them you worship Satan, eat babies and perform human sacrifices naked in your backyard
caito
by Ruby Member on Nov. 11, 2016 at 1:19 PM

I know people who think that way about me and my husband, yeah. I just let it go at this point, I've stopped trying to convince them of anything. They can see what kind of person I am and what I believe in through my works if they're not going to listen to my words.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)