Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

3 year olds can be so darn annoying

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 15 Replies
Ds is 3 and has decided that getting up in my face and talking loudly is the way to go today. He hasn't mastered his S yet so when he does that he spits. I've tried being nice and explaining it's not nice to get in someone's face. I've tried time outs. I've tried taking toys away. I've even taken his tv privileges away today but for some reason he can't seem to stop.

I sure as hell hope it stops soon before I lose my patience.
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 11, 2016 at 12:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 11, 2016 at 1:12 PM
Bump
iamcafemom83
by Ruby Member on Nov. 11, 2016 at 1:14 PM
I would just stand up and walk away.
Or stand up and say now you may talk.
Jojobug13
by Ruby Member on Nov. 11, 2016 at 1:14 PM
3 was always my least favorite age because of situations like you just described. I literally grinned and bore it and faked my way through. Lol. I was so glad when they got older.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 11, 2016 at 1:16 PM
Lol I'm sorry I'm no help, my 15 month old has decided for the past 2 days that standing on my kitchen table is the best place in the world... Yup she's a heart attack waiting to happen!!!

Gotta love toddlerhood!!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 11, 2016 at 1:26 PM
I'll try try that. It's nap time so I've got some peace right now

Quoting iamcafemom83: I would just stand up and walk away.
Or stand up and say now you may talk.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 11, 2016 at 1:27 PM
I'm sick so I wasn't sure if it's just me or if he's being more annoying than normal. I think it's a mixture of both

Quoting Jojobug13: 3 was always my least favorite age because of situations like you just described. I literally grinned and bore it and faked my way through. Lol. I was so glad when they got older.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 11, 2016 at 1:28 PM
I tell mine that if he busts his head open I'm not taking him to the hospital so he better get down. lol I just hope he never calls my bluff on that one.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Lol I'm sorry I'm no help, my 15 month old has decided for the past 2 days that standing on my kitchen table is the best place in the world... Yup she's a heart attack waiting to happen!!!

Gotta love toddlerhood!!
Jojobug13
by Ruby Member on Nov. 11, 2016 at 1:30 PM
Probably a mix. I admit, I had very little patience for my kids at that age even when not sick but I got pretty good at faking it. Inside my head I'd be screaming SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP. Outwardly, I'd be smiling and pretending to pet a pretend cat or watching something awful on TV lol

Quoting Anonymous 1: I'm sick so I wasn't sure if it's just me or if he's being more annoying than normal. I think it's a mixture of both

Quoting Jojobug13: 3 was always my least favorite age because of situations like you just described. I literally grinned and bore it and faked my way through. Lol. I was so glad when they got older.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 11, 2016 at 1:32 PM
That's me today. The thought of backhanding him has crossed my mind more than once but I haven't acted on those thoughts. I just grit my teeth and tell him again not to get so close.

Quoting Jojobug13: Probably a mix. I admit, I had very little patience for my kids at that age even when not sick but I got pretty good at faking it. Inside my head I'd be screaming SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP. Outwardly, I'd be smiling and pretending to pet a pretend cat or watching something awful on TV lol

Quoting Anonymous 1: I'm sick so I wasn't sure if it's just me or if he's being more annoying than normal. I think it's a mixture of both

Jojobug13
by Ruby Member on Nov. 11, 2016 at 1:33 PM
I had lots of those days. Hang in there. I promise it gets better.

Quoting Anonymous 1: That's me today. The thought of backhanding him has crossed my mind more than once but I haven't acted on those thoughts. I just grit my teeth and tell him again not to get so close.

Quoting Jojobug13: Probably a mix. I admit, I had very little patience for my kids at that age even when not sick but I got pretty good at faking it. Inside my head I'd be screaming SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP. Outwardly, I'd be smiling and pretending to pet a pretend cat or watching something awful on TV lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)