Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you speak spanish?

Posted by on Nov. 11, 2016 at 1:08 PM
  • 1 Replies

I was asked this question while my boyfriend and I were out at our local hang out. I am a proud Mexican America, but no I can't speak Spanish fluently.

There was a couple there who I have ran into before and are Proud Trump supporters. I personally think politics and alcohol just don't mix, but hey who am I to say? Anyways..... the conversations went something like;

Woman: Hey do you speak Spanish?

Me: I am not fluent, why?

Woman: My voice mail on my cellphone is set for Spanish and not English. I went into the T-Mobile store today and can you believe no one could help me because not one person spoke Spanish?

Let's just say I nearly died out laughing and bit my tongue so the thoughts running through my head wouldn't come out my mouth.

I wanted to tell her if Trump does what he said he is going to do, get FREAKIN use to it!

You know they always say be careful what you wish for. I myself can't stand the man, but I am trying to find the silver lining and be optimistic about the whole thing. I am Mexican American, but I get categorized with illegal immigrants because we look the same. Let me tell you, immigration is just one of the many issues that needs to be addressed in America, but us as Americans use and abuse immigrants. This woman PROUDLY supports Trump and all his plans, yet she is complaining because someone didn't speak Spanish and was unable to change her voice mail back to English. Boy is she in for a rude awakening if and when they day comes that illegal immigrants get deported.

If Trump was to build a wall and deport illegal immigrants what is America going to do? Who is going to do our farming, landscaping, construction, housekeeping etc. Majority of immigrants work their butts off and do the jobs that us privileged Americans feel we are too good to do ourselves. I know for a fact I do not want to scrub toilets for a living if I don't have to. I appreciate illegal immigrants, they pay taxes and receive nothing in return like Americans do and they do the jobs Americans don't want to do. So when someone sits there and tells me how illegal immigrants take the jobs of Americans it really jerks me. No, illegal immigrants don't take away jobs from Americans, Americans hand the jobs to them because we feel too entitled to clean up our own shit.

by on Nov. 11, 2016 at 1:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
Arwyn724
by on Nov. 11, 2016 at 1:12 PM

Wow, there are 21 bathrooms on the property where I work, and not one person hired by our cleaning company is hispanic.  My nephew is a landscape supervisor for a large company, and works on the estates of millionaires, and is as white as they come.  I could go on, but I don't think you'd get the point.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)