Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Birthday Party Help.

Posted by on Nov. 11, 2016 at 1:58 PM
  • 27 Replies
My kids' birthday party is tomorrow. It's Spiderman theme. We are a lil tighter on much this week than I expected because I had to make an unexpected purchase. Anyways, I got a lot of the banners, plates, napkins, decisions, etc.. From dollar tree (yes, let it soak in. I said dollar tree, the horror). I am making the cakes tonight. We are having it at my in laws house because they have a huge backyard and a gazebo and playhouses and swingsets.. All kinds of fun stuff. I'm decorating the gazebo and the walkway up to it.
So, I mostly have questions about games and stuff. My best friend is bringing her face painting stuff and we are setting up a face painting station. I also thought of making one of the playhouses into a photo booth with props, but I'm not sure how that will work yet. What else is a good idea? Just let them play? I thought about putting out sidewalk chalk and big bubble wands as well.
One other thing, the cakes. I was thinking about doing two small simple cakes with the name and age of the kid. One for each. Should I do that, cup cakes, or one big cake?
Any general ideas would be welcome.
by on Nov. 11, 2016 at 1:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mrsrodgers0703
by Emerald Member on Nov. 11, 2016 at 2:01 PM
Bump
mrsrodgers0703
by Emerald Member on Nov. 11, 2016 at 2:01 PM
Bump
mommytoeandb
by Ruby Member on Nov. 11, 2016 at 2:03 PM
I've made piñatas before. Once they hit school age, I pretty much left the planning up to them. I prefer to let them run wild on the playground.

The limbo is easy. Musical chairs. Hot potato.
Rhodin
by Ruby Member on Nov. 11, 2016 at 2:05 PM
Make a web from a roll of peel and stick Velcro, put some on some tennis-size balls, too. Instant kid dartboard. I haven't seen the whole rolls at dollar stores (mine came from Walmart), but I already have it on hand, as well as a few decorating options, heavy-enough cardboard, and balls. For me, this project would be free.
mrsrodgers0703
by Emerald Member on Nov. 11, 2016 at 2:06 PM
I forgot to say I'm getting the pinata tonight! They are turning two and five, so they can help with a few ideas, but not much.

Quoting mommytoeandb: I've made piñatas before. Once they hit school age, I pretty much left the planning up to them. I prefer to let them run wild on the playground.

The limbo is easy. Musical chairs. Hot potato.
mrskram
by Member on Nov. 11, 2016 at 2:06 PM

I would say your ideas are great, and just let them play! If you can pick up a spider-man pinata, that might be fun (if budget allows) or maybe do a "pin the web on the spider-man?" Other than that, I think just letting them play, with sidewalk chalk, bubbles etc is perfect.

As for cake, I generally find the cupcakes a bigger hit, but that's just my opinion. I would do cupcakes with either blue and/or red icing and maybe print off little spiderman's online and glue them on toothpicks and put them in the cupcake?

Happy Birthday to your son!! How old will he be?

mrsrodgers0703
by Emerald Member on Nov. 11, 2016 at 2:07 PM
I'm going to WalMart tonight to get the rest of everything and cake stuff. That's an idea I'll keep in mind.

Quoting Rhodin: Make a web from a roll of peel and stick Velcro, put some on some tennis-size balls, too. Instant kid dartboard. I haven't seen the whole rolls at dollar stores (mine came from Walmart), but I already have it on hand, as well as a few decorating options, heavy-enough cardboard, and balls. For me, this project would be free.
KenneMaw
by Ruby Member on Nov. 11, 2016 at 2:09 PM

I think cupcakes are easier for kids to handle, but that may be a lot of work for you.  I would do whatever is easiest for you since you will be the so busy :-)     I do like the idea of 2 small cakes so each kid will feel special.

As for games, I wouild look up some simple but fun games on pinterest. EX:  how long they can keep a ballon in hte air, sack races, a small obstacle course may be fun since it is a spiderman them, pin the spider on the web .

Have fun and don't worry - it will be great!  Kids are pretty easy to please. 

KenneMaw
by Ruby Member on Nov. 11, 2016 at 2:09 PM

If someone has Twister, that may be fun too!  :-)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Nov. 11, 2016 at 2:10 PM
There's a swing set there so that's all you need. You're overthinking it. Have a great party
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)