• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would it be weird to have a birthday party a month later?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 11 Replies
I couldn't really afford to give my kids a party their birthdays were at the end of September and October. Would it be weird to have them a party so late?
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 11, 2016 at 2:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Starz6802
by Platinum Member on Nov. 11, 2016 at 2:57 PM
I don't think so. I would send my kid
illogicalkat
by Ruby Member on Nov. 11, 2016 at 3:18 PM

Yes, it would be weird. Especially since we're getting into holiday season, and families will be busy.

If you can't afford to have a party the week of their birthday, don't have it that year. 

peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Nov. 11, 2016 at 3:20 PM
We always have our sons 2-3 weeks early because his birthday is Thanksgiving week
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 11, 2016 at 3:21 PM

If you really want them to have a party then just throw one "regular" party for them both. Don't say it's a birthday party and don't expect gifts. They can still have fun edible treats, and fun with their friends.

If you want to ensure some kids do show up this time of year, consider making it on Black Friday and on the invites say "The kids can come party and you can get some of that shopping done!" Make it long enough for parents to get to the stores, get some shopping done, and get back to get their kids LOL.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 11, 2016 at 3:22 PM
No I did my sons a month early this yr due to his birthday being thanksgiving week and half the family being gone that week (both weekends to) and the weekend before. I refuse to do it in December so we improvised and he had the best party. I always spend their entire day of birthday with a day of fun just me, the birthday kid and my husband so it'll be fine.
mrsrodgers0703
by Emerald Member on Nov. 11, 2016 at 3:24 PM
One of my kids birthday is at the beginning of the month and the other is at the end. I'm having their party tomorrow.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 11, 2016 at 3:26 PM
No just do whatever you want lol. Honestly if someone questions you, just say you were really busy and things just started to settle down so that's why it was delayed.
redheadtmk
by Ruby Member on Nov. 11, 2016 at 3:33 PM
It's not weird. I know two families that have a birthday celebration in June/July for thier kids born on/near Christmas. The kids in both families typically get one small gift on thier bday like a movie, cake, and get to choose dinner. Then in the summer they get presents from family, have friends over, and one family does another cake.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Nov. 11, 2016 at 3:35 PM
Not usually, but it's getting pretty close to the holidays so it's not good timing for birthdays right now especially being that it's belated. I wouldn't have an issue with it though.
MixedCooke
by Ruby Member on Nov. 11, 2016 at 4:02 PM
Heck I've done Easter a month later! I don't think so.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)