• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anyone here really work for CPS?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 20 Replies

I have some questions about reporting someone.  Mostly how anon can I remain.  I have a very crazy neighbor that has been very violent in the past and im honestly scared for my own children's safety if she finds out it was me.  However I have heard her threaten to kill her children on one occasion and several times have heard her slamming them up against walls while they screamed bloody murder.  I have witnessed her physically hitting her child under five in the face.  And have video of an interaction between the two of them where she goes to take his arm and he backs away several steps like hes petrified of her.  Ive heard her on multiple occasions verbally abusing this same child who is on the spectrum.  I have called the police before during her tirades and they do nothing and dont even show up.  So my question is.. I am one of the few people that would really know most of this stuff as we share walls.  So how much do caseworkers tell the accused?  Is she going to have details that let her know it was obviously me that called?  At this point it really doesn't matter I am truly scared for this child and It has to be done but at the same time I want to protect my own family from her crazy. 

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 11, 2016 at 3:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Newmom8912
by Crystal on Nov. 11, 2016 at 3:02 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 11, 2016 at 3:04 PM

Ty

Quoting Newmom8912: Bump

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 11, 2016 at 3:08 PM
They will not disclose your name but they will disclose the accusations, either directly or indirectly. If you are the only one who would know certain information, then yeah, she can probably figure out it was you who called.
Paranoai
by Bronze Member on Nov. 11, 2016 at 3:09 PM

I have a friend who is a social worker. He told me that they do not tell them who it was. You can make the report anonymously. If you can gather more evidence you should, like sound of when she's beating them on the wall.

LClark1973
by Silver Member on Nov. 11, 2016 at 3:10 PM

Look up the abuse hot line you can remain anonymous.

Mommato5kids
by on Nov. 11, 2016 at 3:11 PM
Definitely call and you can remain anonymous
peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Nov. 11, 2016 at 3:12 PM
You can remain 100% anonymous. They do prefer if you give your contact information so they can contact you within follow up questions, but either way they can't disclose who reported
bresmommy21
by Gold Member on Nov. 11, 2016 at 3:15 PM

Let me say first hand that they can not and will not disclose who called.  They wont even suggest who called. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 11, 2016 at 3:29 PM
The only way they cab find out what was fully said or who was talked to for the investigation is if they fight the ruling. If it gets founded and they want to fight it they get a copy of the full report. I reported my stbx and he got a founded allegation of abuse and neglect and he tried fighting it and got the full report. Some names are blacked out but it is pretty clear of who was talked to. They usually do 3 reasons(references)of why it shouldn't be founded and 3 of why it should be founded. Unless its a huge huge thing as your neighbor.

Quoting bresmommy21:

Let me say first hand that they can not and will not disclose who called.  They wont even suggest who called. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 11, 2016 at 3:30 PM

I kinda figured they couldnt disclose who called but Its kinda obvious Im the only person that shares a wall with her and would know certain details.  Its not like im spying either you can hear her screaming and pounding all throughout our unit when she starts going off and  I only look outside when I hear her swearing and screaming at him. I think hes safe at the moment but things have changed in the household her husband is nolonger there and he had them the most. It seems like the incidents are becoming more obvious since hes been gone.  Which is what worries me.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)