Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hand wash or leave new

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 15 Replies
I have a sweater I just bought that says hand wash, lay flat to dry.

I need it to be dry tomorrow morning. If I wash it now it won't dry in time.

Should I go ahead and hand wash it but put it in the dryer, or should I just leave it new and hope it isn't full of new-clothes-chemicals?
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 11, 2016 at 3:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 11, 2016 at 3:28 PM
Don't put it in the dryer!
VickyJoJo
by Gold Member on Nov. 11, 2016 at 3:32 PM

How heavy weight is the sweater?  It should be able to dry overnight if it is not too heavy.  Here is a trick though.  Before you lay it out to dry, put it on a towel, roll it up and step on it.  Yes I said step on it.  The towel will pull away more water from the sweater.

Lay it out after that - do you have a flat rack for this - it will dry even faster.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 11, 2016 at 3:46 PM
What if I do the no heat setting?

Quoting Anonymous 2: Don't put it in the dryer!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 11, 2016 at 3:47 PM
Its no too heavy. But if its wet in the morning I'm screwed. I'll do the step in method. I have no rack.

Quoting VickyJoJo:

How heavy weight is the sweater?  It should be able to dry overnight if it is not too heavy.  Here is a trick though.  Before you lay it out to dry, put it on a towel, roll it up and step on it.  Yes I said step on it.  The towel will pull away more water from the sweater.

Lay it out after that - do you have a flat rack for this - it will dry even faster.

Roxygurl
by Sapphire Member on Nov. 11, 2016 at 3:48 PM
Hang it up near a fan
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DensHag
by Ruby Member on Nov. 11, 2016 at 3:50 PM
I've done this and it worked well. Lay it in a warm room or on a sunny spot near a window. It should be dry by morning unless it's really heavy.

Quoting VickyJoJo:

2babymomma
by Ruby Member on Nov. 11, 2016 at 3:50 PM
Just wear it it won't hurt you
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 11, 2016 at 3:50 PM
I would just wear it new...one time isn't going to give you sweater cancer.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 11, 2016 at 3:50 PM

I'd just wear it. I guess the chemicals have never bothered me, lol. 

ninjakids
by Christina on Nov. 11, 2016 at 3:50 PM
Yup this! Whenever I had to wash compression stockings at work, wrap it in a towel, twist and squeeze lol. Definitely makes a huge difference

Quoting VickyJoJo:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)