Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Your Mom being in the delivery room

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 158 Replies

My ex sil and her DH are having their first baby together. She wants her Mom in the delivery room but he doesn't. He wants it to be a special time between them. Her Mom was there for her first because she was by herself.

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 11, 2016 at 3:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tsatske2
by Latricia on Nov. 11, 2016 at 3:33 PM
7 moms liked this

Even more than a wedding day, this is mom's day. She is the one that needs the support and is doing the work. I see her husband's point, but I think they should talk, but the final decision is up to his wife.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 11, 2016 at 3:34 PM
Okay. I'm not sure what to say.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 11, 2016 at 3:35 PM
Ok... they should talk with each other and work it out. What do you want us to say?
mommytoeandb
by Ruby Member on Nov. 11, 2016 at 3:36 PM
2 moms liked this
My mom was relieved she could wait in the waiting room!

The one in labor should get the support she needs. I would be disappointed if my husband didn't put my needs first.
MrsDukati
by on Nov. 11, 2016 at 3:36 PM
I probably wouldn't have had my mom in the room if DH didn't want her in there. Your SO should be your main support person, along with the hospital staff, and anyone else being extra. So it shouldn't matter.
AnonMomof3
by Gold Member on Nov. 11, 2016 at 3:36 PM
1 mom liked this
She's the patient. It's ultimately up to her.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 11, 2016 at 3:39 PM

She keeps trying to get me on her side but I kicked my Mom out because DH wanted it to be our special time.

Quoting Anonymous 3: Ok... they should talk with each other and work it out. What do you want us to say?

skyenbaby
by Silver Member on Nov. 11, 2016 at 3:40 PM
That's tough. My ex let that decision up to me, he knew how close I am with my mom. I needed her there for the birth of my first child. That being said, I'm older now and if I had another child with my current SO, I doubt I would want my mother there. i would want it to be as private as possible after experiencing so many people in and out after the birth of my son.

Her husband should support her in any way she needs, yes it's his baby too, but she's the one going through the labor. This is just my opinion.
KendallsMommee
by Spoiled SAHM on Nov. 11, 2016 at 3:41 PM
My mom and Dh were in the delivery room with me.
bluebunnybabe
by kid crack dealer on Nov. 11, 2016 at 3:41 PM
4 moms liked this
I feel for her husband & what he wants but in the end, she's the one giving birth & should have whomever she wants there.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)