Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I really don't understand my generation AT ALL

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 16 Replies
2 moms liked this

I'm 30. I grew up in a duplex with 8 people and one fucking bathroom.

My winter clothes consisted of sweatpants and sweatshirts because that was the only thing my grandparents could afford. He worked on the railroad and she worked at the grocery so she would get a discount on food.

My mom went to school fulltime so she could become a laywer.

They did it all by themselves with no complaints and no public assistance.

What I don't understand is why my generation is whining about the election.

She didn't win, stop destroying shit. Stop beating up people in the street.

If people my age would actually do their fucking research instead of buying into everything that the media is reporting he isn't anti-Mexican, anti-gay, a sexist or a facist.

Its sad that some people take the beliefs of a few so called "supporters" who are spewing hatred and racist remarks like it's nothing.

That is not what he is or any of his supporters are about. Nor has he condoned any of this behavior.

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 11, 2016 at 3:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 11, 2016 at 3:44 PM
2 moms liked this

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 11, 2016 at 4:05 PM
I know right?

Quoting Anonymous 2:

quickbooksworm
by Ruby Member on Nov. 11, 2016 at 4:09 PM
3 moms liked this
Well he actually IS a bigoted fascist. But I don't agree with rioting. DO something. My group of people saw the reason why we lost. We need to clean up our own party and we can't wait another moment. So we all joined our local DNC. We feel like we gave the country to a sociopath because corruption in our own party put forth a flawed candidate. That can't happen again.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 11, 2016 at 4:10 PM
What does the first half of your post have to do with the second half?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 11, 2016 at 4:13 PM
1 mom liked this
That I am not some privileged white woman nor am I am moron or uneducated.

I am in the position right now because I worked for it not because anyone wrote me out a check and held my hand throughout the whole thing.

Quoting Anonymous 3: What does the first half of your post have to do with the second half?
lenashark
by Emerald Member on Nov. 11, 2016 at 4:14 PM
3 moms liked this

You didn't do your research if you think he isn't anti-Mexican, anti-Muslim, sexist, racist, and an overall unqualified person. If you think he has not condoned violence and hate, it's because you put your blinders on and didn't pay attention to it. And I am saying this based off of his words and actions, not what the media says about him. We live in a different world than what you grew up in. Your mom lived with her parents, it wasn't all herself. It used to be possible for a single mom to go to college while working in a grocery store and be able to graduate debt free and be able to take care of her kids without public assistance. It isn't anymore. We live in a different economy with different costs. Studies show that todays youth actually work harder than previous generations, but they graduate with more debt, have to pay more for housing, are less likely to be able to find a job that will pay for their basic needs while paying off that debt, it is an entirely different situation.

lenashark
by Emerald Member on Nov. 11, 2016 at 4:16 PM
1 mom liked this

And you think anyone is writing a check and holding the hand of most of todays young people? You're delusional, todays youths are actually shown to be harder workers, not lazy entitled people who just have things handed to them. That has nothing to do with their opposition to Trump.

Quoting Anonymous 1: That I am not some privileged white woman nor am I am moron or uneducated. I am in the position right now because I worked for it not because anyone wrote me out a check and held my hand throughout the whole thing.
Quoting Anonymous 3: What does the first half of your post have to do with the second half?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 11, 2016 at 4:20 PM
Because they go to school for bullshit degrees.

I'm sorry but you can't expect to get a job with an art history degree

If people my age and younger do their research before choosing a bullshit degree than they wouldn't be in the position they are in right now. Liberal arts doesn't equal a 60k salary.

If you would actually watch interviews with people who have worked for him including a lot of women they all say the same thing. But the media won't report that will they?

Quoting lenashark:

You didn't do your research if you think he isn't anti-Mexican, anti-Muslim, sexist, racist, and an overall unqualified person. If you think he has not condoned violence and hate, it's because you put your blinders on and didn't pay attention to it. And I am saying this based off of his words and actions, not what the media says about him. We live in a different world than what you grew up in. Your mom lived with her parents, it wasn't all herself. It used to be possible for a single mom to go to college while working in a grocery store and be able to graduate debt free and be able to take care of her kids without public assistance. It isn't anymore. We live in a different economy with different costs. Studies show that todays youth actually work harder than previous generations, but they graduate with more debt, have to pay more for housing, are less likely to be able to find a job that will pay for their basic needs while paying off that debt, it is an entirely different situation.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 11, 2016 at 4:21 PM
My kids are your generation too and they don't act all butt hurt and entitled either. They go to work every day, pay their bills and work for everything they want and need.

Because we raised them to be productive hard working adults.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Nov. 11, 2016 at 4:21 PM

Quoting lenashark:

Thank you for pointing this out!!!    People never make it "on their own" they always have help.  And that's good! 

Sometimes we just need to help by all working together instead of onesy, twosy.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)