• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Any minimalists? My closet needs help

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 17 Replies
My half of the closet literally had no room I need to get rid of stuffany ideas or examples?
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 11, 2016 at 3:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
vegaswife2011
by LMAO on Nov. 11, 2016 at 3:45 PM
I need help too. Bump!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 11, 2016 at 3:47 PM
3 moms liked this

I've read to turn all your hangers over the other opposite way. When you wear something put it back the normal way. At the end of one year any item that hasn't been turned around the normal way is safe to get rid of. 

DensHag
by Ruby Member on Nov. 11, 2016 at 3:48 PM
Turn all your hangers around. When you wear something, put it back with the hanger the right way. After a few months you will see what you wear most often...and the stuff that you DON'T wear will be more obvious. That is a good starting point for getting rid of clothes. I did this and it helped me to cull out a lot of stuff.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 11, 2016 at 3:49 PM

What they all said.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 11, 2016 at 3:50 PM
That's the thing, I wear all my clothes. I just bought 60 new hangers, and still have a ton of clothes that I don't have room for.

Quoting Anonymous 2:

I've read to turn all your hangers over the other opposite way. When you wear something put it back the normal way. At the end of one year any item that hasn't been turned around the normal way is safe to get rid of. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 11, 2016 at 3:51 PM

Mobile Photo

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 11, 2016 at 3:52 PM

You could get a wardrobe or a few clothing racks depending on the amount of space you have. If you have a basement you might have to transfer some clothes down there. 

Quoting Anonymous 1: That's the thing, I wear all my clothes. I just bought 60 new hangers, and still have a ton of clothes that I don't have room for.
Quoting Anonymous 2:

Saphira1207
by Platinum Member on Nov. 11, 2016 at 3:58 PM

All you really need to have a decent wardrobe is a few pairs of pants (mix of dress/jeans/causal), 3 L/S shirts, 3 S/S shirts, 3 dress shirts, a couple of skirts, a blazer, a sweater, 1 dress coat and one causal coat.  Oh, and underwear.

Mix and match those and you've got clothes for slightly more than a week.  Unless you keep them really clean.  Then they'll last longer.

But it sounds like you and my aunt would have a lot of fun.  She's a clothes horse too.  when I packed her house for her move in the spring she had 8 boxes of clothes.  5 big regular ones and 3 wardrobe sized.  And over half of her clothes still had tags on them!

NeverPerhaps
by Member on Nov. 11, 2016 at 4:00 PM

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

I just cleaned out my dds and I's tiny little closet. Feels so much better. It is about getting rid of stuff. Ya just gotta let stuff go. Also hooks on the back of the doors help. We habe a lot of peg shelves for hanging bags and jackets and hoodies. One by the front door really helps but it's always so full. I keep my clothes in a dresser. My dd has the plastic tubs in the closet. My son has drawers built into his bed as well as a dresser he's obsessed with clothes. He also has a huge hidey hole space under his bed. We downsized from 1700 square feet to what my son calls half a house of 800 square feet. But it works. It works really well and it's easier to keep clean and neat. I'm cool with it
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Nov. 11, 2016 at 10:45 PM
Bump
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)