Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The thing about protesting is...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 3 Replies

that it's a way to promote change. 

Protesting something you can't change is just whining. 

We just had a hurricane, did anyone protest it? These protests make just as much sense. 

For the record I am a fairly liberal independent voter who voted for Hillary. I am devastated to see Trump in office. But having a tantrum doesn't help anything. This is how Democracy works. "Not my president," is a slap in the face of democracy. The "not my president" attitude conservatives have had for 8 years has damaged our government's ability to function. The division in this country is ruining our political system and leaving our government at a stand still. Now the Republicans get a turn in office. Are the liberals really going to be as bad as them and refuse to try to solve problems?

Grow up democrats. This is why I am an independent. 

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 11, 2016 at 6:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 11, 2016 at 6:44 PM

I agree. I wouldn't protest his winning... but I don't see what is wrong with women marching on DC either in January. It shows we are here, and maybe he should pay attention to us. Those of us who didn't vote for him and those who did. I don't see what is wrong with protesting policy either. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 11, 2016 at 6:44 PM
I agree. Protesting is for when your civil rights are being infringed upon, not for when you're mad about something. You invalidate all protesting when you do it in such a whiny, cry baby manner simply because you didn't get what you wanted.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 11, 2016 at 6:48 PM

Quoting Anonymous 2:

I agree. I wouldn't protest his winning... but I don't see what is wrong with women marching on DC either in January. It shows we are here, and maybe he should pay attention to us. Those of us who didn't vote for him and those who did. I don't see what is wrong with protesting policy either. 

Protesting to prevent proposed policies makes sense. 

Protesting not liking how the election turned out doesn't. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)