• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Well it was hidden long enough i guess

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 9 Replies
DH and I live below mil in a apt, she moved in six months after us which we didn't mind(they got a four bedroom while ours is a twice bedroom), they never bother us and keep to following the rules of only weekend dinners and if no one answers the door but we are home to just leave DO NOT try and force enter and do not keep knocking DH works late and I am always cleaning and we are middle of painting the apt. The last owners kids colored the walls and pretty much left the apt. In a horror, trash everywhere we found dead kittens ect under piles of clothes it wasn't good. it's finally clean and all we got is painting left.

Well mil found out I am pregnant and flipped out demanding why I haven't mentioned this to anyone and why I've kept it hidden for so long, she also started to try and say where the baby will sleep and when I go into labor the way I will give birth...

I told her that this is dh and I child and we already have a plan, dd keeps her room and this baby will stay with us until it hits a year and then I'll be making the dining room into the babies room (our dining room is weird it's got a door a window and is the size of a room yet is a dining room lol), I also explained that I'll be giving birth the same way I did before.

She didn't agree and she was fairly mad and kept huffing and puffing and stomping her foot and said she'll be down every single day to see the baby and she will also be in the room. I told her the rules stay same omg weekend visits UNLESS we allow her in and I'm only allowing DH in the room same like our first baby.

Again she was upset and when she left she called DH right away to complain and beg and throw a fit and he said that he's agreeing that we don't want anyone around while we adjust, weekend visits are fine but we need adjusting time.

On top of this we thought we were having a girl (they guessed because the baby wouldn't stop moving AND found out I'm having a boy yesterday lol) plus I am sick and this pregnancy has been fairly risky and I don't need her stress and demands on top of being sick.

I am kinda happy we kept it hidden for so long because we didn't know if the baby would even survive and now that we know we can tell but we'd still like to keep this silent. Both families have a habit of making demands showing up randomly and being pushy we will tell people when the baby is born so they can come visit the hospital but everyone knows our house rules.

This is mostly a rant mil is pissed at me and keeps knocking and sliding notes under the door with messages of demands she has along with family she wants to be there when the baby is born... looks like this will be a sit down talk just like with the first...
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 11, 2016 at 7:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 11, 2016 at 7:11 PM
Roll up a towel and put it by the door so her notes are blocked.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 11, 2016 at 7:12 PM
I might have too only use a sheet, we only have four towels ATM (our other ones had to be tossed while we cleaned the apt like I said messy place before we cleaned it)

Quoting Anonymous 2: Roll up a towel and put it by the door so her notes are blocked.
admsj5
by Emerald Member on Nov. 11, 2016 at 7:17 PM
Why would you move into such a filthy place? Did you get a rent break for cleaning it yourself?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 11, 2016 at 7:23 PM
Yes, rent was 700$ we pay 200$ for the next year :)

They thought it would take longer to clean, all it was is clothes tons and tons of clothes lol

Walls are easy we are using the paint you see on ads for kids that's washable

Sadly for the dead animals we had to call a cleaning serves and animal control so they can right the number down, the couple hoarded cats and they thought they took all the dead and alive when they removed them before the family moved.

It's a nice community everything is down the street (school, day care, market and parks and a duncan donuts and a McDonald's lol) plus we got a joint yard with mil which we don't really use, biggest use is for her dogs or this winter for the kids to play (we only own a cat and three snakes)

Quoting admsj5: Why would you move into such a filthy place? Did you get a rent break for cleaning it yourself?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 11, 2016 at 7:23 PM
Whatever it takes.

Quoting Anonymous 1: I might have too only use a sheet, we only have four towels ATM (our other ones had to be tossed while we cleaned the apt like I said messy place before we cleaned it)

Quoting Anonymous 2: Roll up a towel and put it by the door so her notes are blocked.
quinnsmom715
by Ruby Member on Nov. 11, 2016 at 7:30 PM

wow.tell mil if she doesnt stop bugging you,you will get a ro..

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 11, 2016 at 7:35 PM
It'll blow over it always does after theweek
The baby is born, DH is the oldest of six kids and his brother and sister aren't having kids anytime soon (ones 21 and a doctor and the other is stil a wild child at 18)

Sil may or may not have kids in her future she isn't sure she's more into adopting and it kills mil because sh wants to be in the room for one of her grandkids being born... my thing iS I'm very shy and I do not like ppl looking down there hell I get embarrassed with the doctors and nurses

Quoting quinnsmom715:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 11, 2016 at 7:44 PM
A doctor at 21? How so?

Quoting Anonymous 1: It'll blow over it always does after theweek
The baby is born, DH is the oldest of six kids and his brother and sister aren't having kids anytime soon (ones 21 and a doctor and the other is stil a wild child at 18)

Sil may or may not have kids in her future she isn't sure she's more into adopting and it kills mil because sh wants to be in the room for one of her grandkids being born... my thing iS I'm very shy and I do not like ppl looking down there hell I get embarrassed with the doctors and nurses

Quoting quinnsmom715:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 11, 2016 at 7:46 PM
Nurse more she handles the blood work

She's in school for a doctor ATM from what i know

Quoting Anonymous 3: A doctor at 21? How so?

Quoting Anonymous 1: It'll blow over it always does after theweek

Quoting quinnsmom715:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)