Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I know he's an adult and can make his own choices

Posted by on Nov. 11, 2016 at 7:32 PM
  • 24 Replies

my younger cousin, 25 is a cancer survivor.  he had brain cancer at 9 and he beat it, and the only bad side effect was that he is deaf in one ear.  now, i cant speak for everyone but if i was a cancer survivor i would be paranoid about my health.  my cousin isnt.  he drinks often and smokes alot. he even works in a cigar bar and many nights he stays late after hes off from work just to drink wine and hang out with his friends.  ive mentioned it to him but he just shuts the convo down.  im just worried about him.  i love him, hes my baby cousin. i used to babysit for him.  i just wish he can see where i am coming from.

by on Nov. 11, 2016 at 7:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
l.a.m.b
by Ruby Member on Nov. 11, 2016 at 7:38 PM

BUMP!

l.a.m.b
by Ruby Member on Nov. 11, 2016 at 7:38 PM

BUMP!

September-days
by on Nov. 11, 2016 at 7:39 PM
You really think its your place to tell him how he should live his life?
MissAndree
by Nosuchthing on Nov. 11, 2016 at 7:41 PM

I would ignore you too. That is how I handle people trying to tell me how to live my adult life. Especially after the first time and I ask them to shut it. 

Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Nov. 11, 2016 at 7:42 PM
2 moms liked this
Living afraid of what ifs isn't really living.
l.a.m.b
by Ruby Member on Nov. 11, 2016 at 7:43 PM

Quoting September-days: You really think its your place to tell him how he should live his life?

we're family, we say things to eachother and always put our inputs in with eachother

LaughinTattoo7
by Frenchy on Nov. 11, 2016 at 7:43 PM

I dont blame him. I cant stand when people nag me, especially the ones I love.  He heard you but youre over reacting. 

l.a.m.b
by Ruby Member on Nov. 11, 2016 at 7:44 PM

Quoting Danesmommy1: Living afraid of what ifs isn't really living.

no i agree with you there.  i saw him go through this once when he was young and very ill...i would of taken the cancer for him if possible.  i just dont want to see anythng happening to him again

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Nov. 11, 2016 at 7:44 PM
Hmm, who are you to tell him how to live his life? By your own admission he is a grown adult, maybe it's time You treat him as one and not your "BABY" cousin.

Oh and in case you are unaware of this, just because YOU would do something does NOT mean that everyone feels the same way.
l.a.m.b
by Ruby Member on Nov. 11, 2016 at 7:45 PM

Quoting LaughinTattoo7:

I dont blame him. I cant stand when people nag me, especially the ones I love.  He heard you but youre over reacting. 

i dont nag him about it, but i have mentioned it. we dont  have boundries, we are very open and say whats on our minds.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)