Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Filing for custody more important than

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 29 Replies
Helping pay for our daughters birthday party. My stbx has decided he has more important things to spend our money on than a $150 Birthday party.

He seems to think filing for custody and trying to kick me out of our house is wise and a much better choice than putting our daughter 1st
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 11, 2016 at 8:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Roxygurl
by Sapphire Member on Nov. 11, 2016 at 8:25 PM
Umm well if there's no more to the story than what you've written then I'd actually agree with him. A child doesn't need a 150 dollar party and im guessing at this point he feels the money will be better spent filing for custody.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bluebunnybabe
by kid crack dealer on Nov. 11, 2016 at 8:26 PM
1 mom liked this
Sounds like you need to throw a cheaper party with your money since you know what he's doing with his.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 11, 2016 at 8:28 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm thankful for my life
I'm thankful for my life
I'm thankful for my life

Okay... I feel better... why do you women bother with people like him?!
LilysMama719
by Emmy on Nov. 11, 2016 at 8:29 PM
2 moms liked this
Umm, I'd skip the party this year and save my money for the lawyer.
Angel89411
by on Nov. 11, 2016 at 8:29 PM
I agree. I think you are the one with mixed up priorities.

Quoting Roxygurl: Umm well if there's no more to the story than what you've written then I'd actually agree with him. A child doesn't need a 150 dollar party and im guessing at this point he feels the money will be better spent filing for custody.
.gravy.
by Gold Member on Nov. 11, 2016 at 8:30 PM

I just can't shake this feeling that we're missing a big piece to this story. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 11, 2016 at 8:32 PM
This is a cheap "facility" party compared to most. One we've been promising her for a year. I can afford it and I will take care of it. He said he would help but got pissed cuz I told him to stop hollering at MY child for putting a birthday card back in the wrong spot on the mantle and decided he's no longer helping.

We are in the early stages of separating and retaining lawyers. He seems to think that even though I do literally everything for our children, he will get custody because his name is on the mortgage.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 11, 2016 at 8:32 PM
1 mom liked this
You might want to save your money. Something tells me that you're going to need it.
Angel89411
by on Nov. 11, 2016 at 8:44 PM
Ah. Yeah. I'm with you then.

Quoting Anonymous 1: This is a cheap "facility" party compared to most. One we've been promising her for a year. I can afford it and I will take care of it. He said he would help but got pissed cuz I told him to stop hollering at MY child for putting a birthday card back in the wrong spot on the mantle and decided he's no longer helping.

We are in the early stages of separating and retaining lawyers. He seems to think that even though I do literally everything for our children, he will get custody because his name is on the mortgage.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 11, 2016 at 9:13 PM
I'll be fine, I'm not going to deny my daughter of something just because her dad and I aren't getting along.

Quoting Anonymous 3: You might want to save your money. Something tells me that you're going to need it.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)