Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

CPS worthy or just bad parenting

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 44 Replies

I just got back from Walmart and saw something that bothered me.  Down the isle from where I was I witnessed a mother beratting her 8 year old daughter for whining.  I did not see what led up to it but this is what I heard her saying to her daughter. "8 year old girls do not whine like babies, if you want to act like a baby fine, I will treat you like one"!  She then proceded to shove a pacifier into her mouth and told her she is NOT to remove it until we get home.  

I can only imagine what happens to her at home.  I never saw her hit her or anything like that.  I was just curiois if something like this is considered abuse if its done in public to humiliate a child or if it is just a bad decision on moms part.

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 11, 2016 at 8:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 11, 2016 at 8:28 PM
that's not worth a call.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 11, 2016 at 8:29 PM
So the lady just happened to have a pacifier with her?
.gravy.
by Gold Member on Nov. 11, 2016 at 8:29 PM

Why would you call CPS for that? 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 11, 2016 at 8:30 PM
1 mom liked this

"Hello, CPS? I just saw a frazzled mom at Walmart shove a pacifier in the mouth of her 8 year old daughter because she wouldn't quit whining."  

Go ahead.  Be sure to come back and tell us what the social worker says after she stops laughing at you.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Nov. 11, 2016 at 8:31 PM

not cps worthy at all. i wouldnt of used a pacifier and i dont carry one but if my children wanted to act like babies i had no problem treating them like one even when out in public.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Nov. 11, 2016 at 8:31 PM
If she insists on acting like a baby then treat her like a baby. I personally wouldn't have shoved a pacifier in her mouth though.
bluebunnybabe
by kid crack dealer on Nov. 11, 2016 at 8:32 PM
1 mom liked this
Don't call CPS over that kind of stuff. Don't you know they have more important things to worry about like roaches?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Nov. 11, 2016 at 8:32 PM
1 mom liked this
I tell my 12 yr old all the time that if she wants to act like a baby then I'll treat her like one. I've never shoved a pacifier in her mouth but I did toss a baby bottle at her once...
Medic32
by Go PREDS! on Nov. 11, 2016 at 8:32 PM
3 moms liked this
Oh for Pete's sake. Stay in your lane. Figuratively and literally.
lenashark
by Emerald Member on Nov. 11, 2016 at 8:32 PM

Definately not abuse. Whether its bad parenting or not depends on how the girl was acting. Like if she was just slightly complaining about something, then it's too far. But, if she was really whining and wasn't giving up, then I wouldn't blame the mom at all, kid will learn a lesson.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)