Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Infertility sucks

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 5 Replies
We have 2 daughters - both called miracles by multiple doctors because they shouldn't have been possible (screwed up uterus, failure to ovulate, low sperm count and low sperm motility). It took us 5 years to get pregnant with my 2nd daughter - and that was with fertility meds. We wanted to do IVF but insurance paid nothing snd we couldn't afford it. We are done trying because failure hurts so much and it is expensive. My OB said he thinks we should stop trying because the odds of success are non-existent. I don't want to be done, I wanted a house full of kids. But, that's life.

My best friend decided less than 2 months she wanted a baby. She told me today that she's pregnant. One cycle. I am so happy for her - she's going to be a great mom. But at the same time I am so jealous that I feel sick. I don't want to be jealous and I am genuinely happy for her. I can't wait to celebrate this pregnancy and baby with her. I just wish that I could have experienced an easy conception just once. :(
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 11, 2016 at 8:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 11, 2016 at 8:48 PM

I'm sorry you are going through that.  Have you looked at any local grants that help pay for IVF? I don't know how it works or the process. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 11, 2016 at 8:48 PM
Aww.. well you do have two miracles anyhow :)

You're just in your feelings, that's all.

Sorry though..just hug and love your friends new baby and maybe one day your time will come again ..❤️️
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 11, 2016 at 8:50 PM

Why not foster or adopt? It's not the same but you can still have a house full of kids. 

Trouser.Mouse
by Ruby Member on Nov. 11, 2016 at 8:50 PM
I'm so sorry. I don't really know what that feels like exactly, but seeing babies is hard for me right now and I wish I had one. I wish it could be different for you. I know it hurts.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 11, 2016 at 9:45 PM
Thank you all for your kind words. I am so excited to snuggle and love on her baby. She is an amazing woman and her child will be blessed.

We wanted to adopt or foster but adoption is soooo expensive and our house is too old to qualify for foster (we would have to have all interior walls replaced to ensure there is no lead paint). I'm hoping after we my husband finishes his next licensing for work we can buy a newer house and maybe foster or come up with the money to adopt. I wish it was more affordable.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)