• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Sent a child to fat camp?!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 145 Replies

Has anyone on here sent a child to a weight loss camp and seen actual results? My eldest went two years back but she only lost about five pounds the entire time she was there, and didn't seem to learn any healthy habits/activites at all - and it cost an arm and a leg.

Now dh wants to send our middle daughter but I just think it's burning money. Can anyone attest to their usefulness or shall I stick to my guns? Thanks!

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 11, 2016 at 8:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 11, 2016 at 9:02 PM

Bump :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 11, 2016 at 9:04 PM

a friends child went they had agreat results granted it was very religious and the child barley speaks to mom and dad now she thinks the kids results was drugs but is not sure 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 11, 2016 at 9:04 PM
1 mom liked this

I would start at home. Buy healthy foods and exercise. If you have two overweight kids you must fix the problem at home first.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 11, 2016 at 9:05 PM

Wait, they think they drugged the child to get them to lose weight? Wtf?

Quoting Anonymous 2:

a friends child went they had agreat results granted it was very religious and the child barley speaks to mom and dad now she thinks the kids results was drugs but is not sure 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 11, 2016 at 9:06 PM

Yeah we're trying so hard but there are no results... that's why we've tried the camps thing, but that doesn't seem to do anything either. I think it's in our genetics - almost everyone on my side of the family is heavy and most of dh's family is too.

Quoting Anonymous 3:

I would start at home. Buy healthy foods and exercise. If you have two overweight kids you must fix the problem at home first.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 11, 2016 at 9:07 PM
4 moms liked this
If you have multiple fat kids, the problem is you. Quit buying crap food. Make your kids play outside.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Nov. 11, 2016 at 9:08 PM
My friends 7 year old is over 100 pounds. She's sending her to fat camp in PA next summer. She said its expensive. $8,000 for 2 weeks.
jabs54
by Ruby Member on Nov. 11, 2016 at 9:08 PM

I wouldn't waste my money if it didn't work before.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 11, 2016 at 9:09 PM

yeah because her kid lost like 20 lbs in 3 months , and when they came back was very moody and anti social . I told her it's what she gets when she sends atheist to a christian fat camp but what do i know right . lol

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Wait, they think they drugged the child to get them to lose weight? Wtf?

Quoting Anonymous 2:

ChefLoveMomma
by Culinary Genius on Nov. 11, 2016 at 9:10 PM
What do you eat as a family, a typical day? Is your family active? I'm not going to bash, I'm not an asshole. I just want to help.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Yeah we're trying so hard but there are no results... that's why we've tried the camps thing, but that doesn't seem to do anything either. I think it's in our genetics - almost everyone on my side of the family is heavy and most of dh's family is too.

Quoting Anonymous 3:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)