Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Naming the second baby

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 33 Replies
Thankfully we still have plenty of time before we have to decide on a name, but picking out names is the only thing I've been interested in with this pregnancy thus far. I am so in love with my first child's name that I'm finding it impossible to even like any names of the same sex, nothing compares. Did you have a hard time naming your second, or third, etc... is your first child's name your favorite?
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 11, 2016 at 9:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 11, 2016 at 9:18 PM
My first sons name is my favorite, yes. But my little guys name fits him, and eventually it isn't just a name once it's attached to the person, really, you know?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 11, 2016 at 9:20 PM
I don't LOVE any of my kids names. I heard them, liked them, and used them.
Night_Roane
by Platinum Member on Nov. 11, 2016 at 9:20 PM
2nd child was damn near impossible. Couldn't agree to save our lives. Didn't help that 1st & 2nd were the same sex.

3rd was fine because I had already warmed DH up to my boy name lol. I think we'd have been screwed if it were another girl.
mischele
by Platinum Member on Nov. 11, 2016 at 9:21 PM
My first 2 I was alone so I was able to pick the names I wanted. With my 3rd and 4th I was married and DH and I couldn't decided on a name we waited till ds was born and we both New instantly what his name was. With my 4th I let DH name her but I got to pick the middle name. My kids name fit them
Left.Right.Left
by Gold Member on Nov. 11, 2016 at 9:21 PM
We didn't name Ds til 7 days old and dd til 5 days old. It was hard!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 11, 2016 at 9:23 PM

It was hard to name my first. My second and third I had named before i even knew what they were. My fourth was hard because my dh and I couldnt agree on a name. We finally picked one. This time the babies name has been picked out since i was pregnant with the fourth. So i guess in a way its pretty easy for me. I also have a name picked out incase we choose to have a sixth.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 11, 2016 at 9:26 PM
I'm feeling like naming this baby is gonna take an act of Congress! I'm wore out just thinking about it, especially if it's another girl. We couldn't agree on a boys name the first time around so we were relieved when it was a girl, but now I can't find any names I like that come anywhere close to tugging on my heart strings. Lol

Quoting Night_Roane: 2nd child was damn near impossible. Couldn't agree to save our lives. Didn't help that 1st & 2nd were the same sex.

3rd was fine because I had already warmed DH up to my boy name lol. I think we'd have been screwed if it were another girl.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 11, 2016 at 9:28 PM
I LOVE my daughter's name, it has meaning, and she was our miracle baby after 3.5 years of infertility. I take names seriously.

Quoting Anonymous 3: I don't LOVE any of my kids names. I heard them, liked them, and used them.
NiamhWitch
by Póg mo thóin on Nov. 11, 2016 at 9:29 PM

No, we had pretty much all our kids' names picked out (for the most part) before we had kids.

ilovemylo
by Bronze Member on Nov. 11, 2016 at 9:29 PM
Our second daughter's name will be Evangeline Cynthia Jones. The middle name after both grandmas. What are the odds of booth having the same first name?! Lol!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)