• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I swear she is going to starve herself!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 22 Replies
How do you get your picky kids to eat?
I have an extremely stubborn, sensory girl who dislikes MOST foods. She is 8 and I am exhausted from fighting over food. Tonight it took two hours just to get her small portion of dinner into her. Exhausted.

I have found different things that worked in the past and she would do better for awhile, but she has outgrown those tactics. Help?
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 11, 2016 at 9:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 11, 2016 at 9:59 PM
Feeding therapy in her case
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 11, 2016 at 9:59 PM
I think you should let her be. She'll eat when ready..
Bagira62
by Bronze Member on Nov. 11, 2016 at 10:00 PM
Bump for the replies, I have a 5 year old who is underweight because of her picky eating, so I hear you OP, you are not alone.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 11, 2016 at 10:02 PM

Counseling??

Alicia_Griffin
by Alicia on Nov. 11, 2016 at 10:02 PM
What is her favorite food to eat? Buy a bunch of what she likes to have around the house
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 11, 2016 at 10:03 PM
She won't though. She may find a way to sneak a snack. But she will never on her own eat a meal that was provided that she didn't want.

Quoting Anonymous 3: I think you should let her be. She'll eat when ready..
othermom
by Ruby Member on Nov. 11, 2016 at 10:03 PM

Don't fight her. Offer her 3 meals a day and maybe two snacks.  Offer a little bit of something that she does like and a little bit of what she may not like. If she doesn't eat then she waits till the next meal/snack. Does she have any medical issues. Will she eat better if she picks stuff and helps cook it? what types of things does she like?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 11, 2016 at 10:03 PM
She likes pb and j's and hot pockets. And would literally eat them for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. But that isn't healthy to live and grow on.

Quoting Alicia_Griffin: What is her favorite food to eat? Buy a bunch of what she likes to have around the house
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Nov. 11, 2016 at 10:04 PM
My son is picky, autistic, and ADD. I give him chocolate milk with every meal (ensure)
Alicia_Griffin
by Alicia on Nov. 11, 2016 at 10:05 PM
1 mom liked this
What about pizza or mac and cheese? Does she eat any kind of veggies at all?

Quoting Anonymous 1: She likes pb and j's and hot pockets. And would literally eat them for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. But that isn't healthy to live and grow on.

Quoting Alicia_Griffin: What is her favorite food to eat? Buy a bunch of what she likes to have around the house
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)