• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Brain tumor

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 15 Replies
Anyone else in here have a brain tumor? How did you tell people? Like family and co-workers?
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 11, 2016 at 10:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 11, 2016 at 10:28 PM
I sure hope not :/
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 11, 2016 at 10:29 PM

I guess it depends if it's inoperable and malignant? Or operable and benign? Or inoperable but benign? Or inoperable and malignant...

Left.Right.Left
by Gold Member on Nov. 11, 2016 at 10:29 PM
Wow, sorry mama :(((

Is it operable?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 11, 2016 at 10:30 PM
I know it seems like a stupid question. I wanted to join Facebook support groups but I realized people I know would see it.

Quoting Anonymous 2: I sure hope not :/
mom18103
by Bronze Member on Nov. 11, 2016 at 10:30 PM
My sister did 3 Times, she didn't tell anyone my mom knew she was sick and took her to the Doctor, that's when we found out.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 11, 2016 at 10:32 PM

You could always make a different account with a different name. This way you keep your anonymity yet get the support you need. Sorry to hear about your health.

Quoting Anonymous 1: I know it seems like a stupid question. I wanted to join Facebook support groups but I realized people I know would see it.
Quoting Anonymous 2: I sure hope not :/

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 11, 2016 at 10:34 PM
It's a little more complicated than that. It's operable and benign (thankfully) but with the location, there is a huge risk. Without surgery, I may go into a coma or die because of the affect it is having on my brain, but the risk of that is equally as high as the risk of stroke, blood clot, brain damage, or death; from surgery.
So there IS a risk with surgery or without, but it's also possible everything will turn out okay. Does that make sense?

Quoting Anonymous 3:

I guess it depends if it's inoperable and malignant? Or operable and benign? Or inoperable but benign? Or inoperable and malignant...

jabs54
by Ruby Member on Nov. 11, 2016 at 10:35 PM

I would wait until I knew when I was going to have surgery and tell them then.  I think it would drive me nuts if they were constantly calling and/or crying.

Do you know if and when your having surgery?   How are you doing, emotionally?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 11, 2016 at 10:37 PM

I assume, if you are not trolling, you have a treatment plan already prescribed by your doctors.  Since you evidently have gone this far on your own, it is time to bring those closest to you, and those from whom you will need help, and just tell them.  Tell them everything and be prepared to wipe some tears and answer questions.  Afterwards, get on with your treatment and let them help you.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 11, 2016 at 10:39 PM

Quoting Anonymous 1: I know it seems like a stupid question. I wanted to join Facebook support groups but I realized people I know would see it.
......... and ???????
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)