Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Teens today

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 16 Replies
2 moms liked this
My son found a receipt form pizza hut that #926

He said mom why does this receipt have hashtag 926. I busted out laughing. I said son that isn't a hashtag. That symbol means number and also Pound. Lol
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 11, 2016 at 11:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 11, 2016 at 11:06 PM
2 moms liked this
Today my 4 year old asked me "Mommy, did clothes have buttons when you were little?".

Nope. Sure didn't, kid. We just used tiny rocks.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 11, 2016 at 11:08 PM
My daughter asked me one time why phones has hashtags on them. And my son used to referred to when i was growing up he says back in the black and white days

Quoting Anonymous 2: Today my 4 year old asked me "Mommy, did clothes have buttons when you were little?".

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 11, 2016 at 11:09 PM
My daughter saw a cassette tape and asked me what it was and my son saw a record and said that was a big cd

Quoting Anonymous 2: Today my 4 year old asked me "Mommy, did clothes have buttons when you were little?".

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 11, 2016 at 11:09 PM
😂 Mine refer to the past as "back in the olden days.".

Quoting Anonymous 1: My daughter asked me one time why phones has hashtags on them. And my son used to referred to when i was growing up he says back in the black and white days

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 11, 2016 at 11:10 PM
1 mom liked this
"what's a VCR?" "you mean you didn't have a cellphone? There was a cord on your phone?!"

Yes child, it was extremly satisfying to slam the phone too, try that with a smart phone and see what happens. Pressing that little red "button" on the screen is just doesn't get the message through.

He still doesn't believe me.
readyforhim
by Ruby Member on Nov. 11, 2016 at 11:13 PM

getting up to change the tv without a remote control is shocking to the kids.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 11, 2016 at 11:14 PM
I tell my kids they wouldn't survive my teen life there was no social media. We had to make friends to old fashion way we didn't have cell phones and only a few lucky ones had pagers. And our parents heard all of our conversation because the phone had a cord and it was in the living room. And no cable moving those rabbit ears were a bitch just to pick up a TV station

Quoting Anonymous 3: "what's a VCR?" "you mean you didn't have a cellphone? There was a cord on your phone?!"

Yes child, it was extremly satisfying to slam the phone too, try that with a smart phone and see what happens. Pressing that little red "button" on the screen is just doesn't get the message through.

He still doesn't believe me.
Arwyn724
by on Nov. 11, 2016 at 11:17 PM
It's not just the teens. My 6 yo grand took my moderately smart Android phone, flipped around a bit and asked," Nana, where are all the games?" I told her I don't have games on my phone, she handed it back and said, "it's not a very good phone, is it?"
Fakemom7
by Bronze Member on Nov. 11, 2016 at 11:18 PM
My dd is only 7, but the first time she really realized she had to watch commercials, she was beside herself. She just couldn't grasp why daddy wouldn't Fast forward. It was hilarious.
Also, she thinks a home phone is a cell phone you leave at home. haha, they will never know the struggle!
margaritaylor
by Hockey Mom ❥ on Nov. 11, 2016 at 11:19 PM

Not just the teens. I was on a plane beside a mother and her toddler son, who wanted to look through the emergency leaflet, and PROCEEDED TO SWIPE, not turn, the page. I was just sitting there with my mouth hanging open for a while. LOL!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)