Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Lol, If You Work or Have Ever Worked In Fast Food...

Posted by on Nov. 11, 2016 at 11:34 PM
  • 49 Replies

Would you assume that a person going through the drive thru alone with two dogs, buying two meals was buying the second meal for the dog?

The kids are staying with my parents this weekend so hubby and I decided to get KFC for dinner. I went by myself and let two of the dogs (Maggie the collie and Nikki the redbone hound) ride with me. I ordered our meals and while I was paying, the girl in the drive thru told me my dogs were cute and asked if they were going to split the meal. I laughed and said it was for my husband. When she handed me the food, she said she put some left over popcorn chicken in the bag for the dogs (it was closing time). 

It didn't make me mad at all but it was just funny. If I was out and about all day with the dog(s) I might get them a single cheese burger or some popcorn chicken but I wouldn't get an $8 meal for the dogs, lol. I told hubby that the popcorn chicken was for him but the 2pc meal was for the dogs. 

by on Nov. 11, 2016 at 11:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Nov. 11, 2016 at 11:36 PM
She was being funny.
Pink.Sunshine
by Petty Princess on Nov. 11, 2016 at 11:39 PM

I wouldn't even be thinking about who the person was buying it for.

cookiemonster77
by Gold Member on Nov. 11, 2016 at 11:41 PM

No I would naturally assume you're bringing someone else food

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 11, 2016 at 11:43 PM
No, she was probably making conversation.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 11, 2016 at 11:43 PM
No, but sounds like she was just making friendly conversation.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 11, 2016 at 11:45 PM
No, but that's cute. I work in a restaurant and had someone call in for takeout the other day. She ordered a few things. Then tells me "there are 3 of us!" As if I was thinking that she was going to eat it all herself. Lol. It never even crossed my mind.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Nov. 11, 2016 at 11:46 PM
Lol no I wouldn't assume it was for the dog...but I did see someone order an ice cream for their dog once. When they pulled up I saw it was a man and a dog and said, "oh you're alone.. would you like me to put this in a cup carrier so it doesn't fall over?" And he said "no..he'll eat it now." And just let the dog go to town on the ice cream.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Nov. 11, 2016 at 11:46 PM
I Work in a deli of a grocery store. It's so common for people to get chicken strips for their dogs in the car. Most do it weekly and the dogs all seem to expect chicken strips when they see the store I guess. Or even lunch meat for the cats...
I most not love my dog as much because she doesn't get deli food.
Razzle_Dazzle1
by Platinum Member on Nov. 12, 2016 at 12:00 AM

Lol, there is an ice cream place in town that does doggy cones (small scoops of vanilla with a doggy biscuit in it) for free. When we go for ice cream, we take one or two of the dogs. We have 6 dogs. 

Quoting Anonymous 5: Lol no I wouldn't assume it was for the dog...but I did see someone order an ice cream for their dog once. When they pulled up I saw it was a man and a dog and said, "oh you're alone.. would you like me to put this in a cup carrier so it doesn't fall over?" And he said "no..he'll eat it now." And just let the dog go to town on the ice cream.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Nov. 12, 2016 at 12:04 AM
See that's cute and nice. This caught me off guard being 16 yrs old and it was mcdonalds. I never saw someone give their dog ice cream before.

Quoting Razzle_Dazzle1:

Lol, there is an ice cream place in town that does doggy cones (small scoops of vanilla with a doggy biscuit in it) for free. When we go for ice cream, we take one or two of the dogs. We have 6 dogs. 

Quoting Anonymous 5: Lol no I wouldn't assume it was for the dog...but I did see someone order an ice cream for their dog once. When they pulled up I saw it was a man and a dog and said, "oh you're alone.. would you like me to put this in a cup carrier so it doesn't fall over?" And he said "no..he'll eat it now." And just let the dog go to town on the ice cream.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)