Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

It's ok for you but not me?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 11 Replies
Well it happened.

Today we went on a trip and went to NYC. We did some sightseeing and saw a show and just before the bus came a peaceful protest walked past. I high-fixed them, hugged them, told them I loved them, thanked them. If I had more time I would have walked with them.

Oh the way back it started.

I was forced to listen to someone mock the peaceful protest and laughed that people didn't get gassed when they watched. And that they were "grungy" and dirty looking. The called it a riot. Saying that "dirty stuff was said" when they said was "love trumps hate" and "we reject president elect".

We got to town just as all that stuff was said and I finally lost it. I said something to my seat mate who's on the same page as I and see said to let them know how it bothered me.

I went back and forth and decided no, it was ok.

I had to wait for my daughter to get he stuff and the lady came up and had a huge smile on her face "oh hiiii!" She goes.

I decided I couldn't take it anymore.

When I said to the person that they shouldn't be mocking someone's fear when they doesn't know who's sitting around them, they told me that politics have no place in a professional relationship. I replied then it shouldn't have been said on a BUS filled with kids and parents that that person helps and others they don't know.

She then walked off the bus. It's ok for her to talk openly about how she feels about this. But when someone comes to her and says they need to be mindful, suddenly it's no politics.

This person works at the school, w my son. She is in charge of his 504. I hope she remains professional about this.

I drove home and was thinking it over. Ok, she knows how infeel, will she kick ds to someone else,and if she does will it be that bad?

Wait. If she's laughing about a peaceful protest made up of mostly 18 year old wHite women, what the hell does she think of other people?

Shit, our principal is a black jewish lady (her husband is jewish and she converted). Wtf?!

It's out in the open now in my tiny little town. "Don't worry, your townsfolk love you"

Well at least 1 proved she didnt.
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 11, 2016 at 11:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 11, 2016 at 11:42 PM
I think you're really overanalyzing the situation. I doubt she's gone over it as much as you have.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 11, 2016 at 11:44 PM
Um what?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 11, 2016 at 11:47 PM
Bla bla bla bla
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 12, 2016 at 12:32 AM
A teacher on a trip felt it was ok to make up stuff and say while on the bus, that we were in a riot, and that the people were really saying bad stuff.

I called her out on it and told her she should think first and she got defensive and said she wouldn't have a political conversation with me.

Quoting Anonymous 3: Um what?
susannah2000
by Ruby Member on Nov. 12, 2016 at 12:38 AM

You post made NO sense. Just because you know what you are going on about doesn't mean anyone else does.

SmurfGoneBad
by on Nov. 12, 2016 at 12:41 AM
I'm sorry, your post is really hard to follow. How about a do over..
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Nov. 12, 2016 at 12:43 AM
How is that different from you giving high fives, hugging, and making some kind of bullshit showing of yourself?

Quoting Anonymous 1: A teacher on a trip felt it was ok to make up stuff and say while on the bus, that we were in a riot, and that the people were really saying bad stuff.

I called her out on it and told her she should think first and she got defensive and said she wouldn't have a political conversation with me.

lenashark
by Emerald Member on Nov. 12, 2016 at 12:44 AM

I'm confused, was this a trip with your child's school?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Nov. 12, 2016 at 1:17 AM

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 12, 2016 at 9:18 AM
Because I wasn't with the group? The lady was with her own group and I was with mine. We weren't together

Quoting Anonymous 5: How is that different from you giving high fives, hugging, and making some kind of bullshit showing of yourself?

Quoting Anonymous 1: A teacher on a trip felt it was ok to make up stuff and say while on the bus, that we were in a riot, and that the people were really saying bad stuff.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)