Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Broke for Christmas so here is what I plan to do...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 70 Replies
2 moms liked this

Since bills come first this is what I plan to do Christmas morning...

I will turn on the lights, and say, "there you have the gift of electricity"

Turn on the water and say, " you have the gift of running water"

Then when the heat kicks on I will say, "hear that? it is the sound of heat"

There you have it! they have what they need!

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 28, 2016 at 12:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 28, 2016 at 12:30 AM
1 mom liked this
I'd rather have running utilities before a gift.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 28, 2016 at 12:30 AM
1 mom liked this
It is what it is I guess. You could put bows on the switches and faucets.
Ted1242
by I'm listening. on Nov. 28, 2016 at 12:31 AM
Hardy har har.
TheRaz
by Liz on Nov. 28, 2016 at 12:31 AM
4 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 28, 2016 at 12:33 AM
Lol. I remember when my oldest was four someone asked if her mom had bought the toy she was holding. She said "My mommy doesn't buy toys. She buys electricity." She's spoiled rotten now that I've bettered myself. I probably ought to take her down a notch so she can appreciate things like she did before I was making $20,000 a year.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 28, 2016 at 12:34 AM
1 mom liked this

I like this idea! Thank you for sharing!

Quoting TheRaz:

Mobile Photo

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 28, 2016 at 12:36 AM

That is cute and funny!

Quoting Anonymous 4: Lol. I remember when my oldest was four someone asked if her mom had bought the toy she was holding. She said "My mommy doesn't buy toys. She buys electricity." She's spoiled rotten now that I've bettered myself. I probably ought to take her down a notch so she can appreciate things like she did before I was making $20,000 a year.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 28, 2016 at 12:51 AM

bump

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 28, 2016 at 12:59 AM
I really like the bows on light switches and faucets.

My youngest (3 years old) burst out crying yesterday because we put up the tree and she wanted presents RIGHT THEN. I'm wondering why at three she even expects presents enough to cry about it. Smh. My oldest never expected presents from me. Man, those were the days. A present was mom being willing to pretend to be a mermaid with you and "swim" as we walk down the street to go meet other people's pets at the dog park.

Have you ever signed up for gifts? I never did, but I know that's an idea. And do your kids have anyone else in their lives who give them gifts? Like grandparents? Aunts and uncles? My oldest's dad and his side of the family used to buy her a lot even when things were pretty lean on my side of things. That helped, knowing she had gifts even if I hadn't been able to give them to her.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

That is cute and funny!

Quoting Anonymous 4: Lol. I remember when my oldest was four someone asked if her mom had bought the toy she was holding. She said "My mommy doesn't buy toys. She buys electricity." She's spoiled rotten now that I've bettered myself. I probably ought to take her down a notch so she can appreciate things like she did before I was making $20,000 a year.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 28, 2016 at 1:01 AM

Both sets of grandparents are dead and only and aunt and uncle to supply any gifts..so there will be 3 to 4 things to open from them.

Quoting Anonymous 4: I really like the bows on light switches and faucets. My youngest (3 years old) burst out crying yesterday because we put up the tree and she wanted presents RIGHT THEN. I'm wondering why at three she even expects presents enough to cry about it. Smh. My oldest never expected presents from me. Man, those were the days. A present was mom being willing to pretend to be a mermaid with you and "swim" as we walk down the street to go meet other people's pets at the dog park. Have you ever signed up for gifts? I never did, but I know that's an idea. And do your kids have anyone else in their lives who give them gifts? Like grandparents? Aunts and uncles? My oldest's dad and his side of the family used to buy her a lot even when things were pretty lean on my side of things. That helped, knowing she had gifts even if I hadn't been able to give them to her.
Quoting Anonymous 1:

That is cute and funny!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)