Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you think you would've been able to go through childbirth tolerable without meds?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 281 Replies

vaginal birth ladies, 

only if you used meds...do you think you could've delivered without them is my question.

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 28, 2016 at 12:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 28, 2016 at 12:40 AM
I used them the first time, second and third were unmedicated. I know I could have handled it, and wish I had.
mrjjmt
by Bronze Member on Nov. 28, 2016 at 12:41 AM
My last I had no choice, she came so fast. I recovered faster with no meds, but the pain was insane.
Mommato5kids
by on Nov. 28, 2016 at 12:41 AM
I had a epidural with the first three. The fourth was all natural and I ended up seizing after delivering. The doctor and nurses didn't know why I did. Fifth baby was also all natural but not intentional. I had back labor and got to the hospital when I was 9 cm. I thought I was just having bad back pain.

If we have another im definitely having a epidural.
MistressMonster
by Sour Grapes on Nov. 28, 2016 at 12:43 AM
1 mom liked this

I am not sure, my tolerence to pain back then was fairly weak. I might do better as I've gotten older, but no more kids for me, so it's not an option. I do wish I could go back in time and do an at home water birth. 

KekeLi938
by Gold Member on Nov. 28, 2016 at 12:43 AM
1 mom liked this

I used them for my first child, after being induced, and I never thought that I would have been able to. I ended up giving birth to 3 more without any meds. With my 5th I ended up getting Laughing Gas because I couldn't handle the back labour. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 28, 2016 at 12:43 AM
I got the epidural with DS.... And if I got it is because I obviously felt I couldn't have gone without it.

I was able to rest before I had to push my 8 pounder, and I would definitely get it again if I felt I needed to.
tiffluv81
by BBW on Nov. 28, 2016 at 12:43 AM
Hell no
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 28, 2016 at 12:44 AM
I had pretty bad tearing with my first. That would have really sucked to feel that. I'm glad I had an epidural. Sure, I "could" have. I wouldn't want to.
onethentwins
by Ruby Member on Nov. 28, 2016 at 12:44 AM
3 moms liked this

Since women have been doing it for millenia, yes of course.  It's not like I'd be able to say, "No sorry. I'd like to stop now, No baby for me."

alexsmomma06
by Ruby Member on Nov. 28, 2016 at 12:45 AM

I had 2 medicated births and my last was done without any meds at all. I handled it just fine, no screaming or yelling. I think DH said I quietly moaned a few times but that was it. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)