Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Property Brothers

Posted by on Nov. 28, 2016 at 5:27 AM
  • 8 Replies
I'm hooked on this show!

anyone else like this show?
by on Nov. 28, 2016 at 5:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Nov. 28, 2016 at 5:29 AM
I do like the transformations.
ninjakids
by Christina on Nov. 28, 2016 at 5:32 AM
Yesssss lol

That & love it or list it
Learnedfrommist
by Platinum Member on Nov. 28, 2016 at 5:36 AM
ive watched all fhe love it or list it on Netflix.

Quoting ninjakids: Yesssss lol

That & love it or list it
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 28, 2016 at 5:40 AM

Yes but all of those shows with the unexpected extra costs are such crap. My Dad was a builder and maybe in 10% TOPS of homes that you properly inspect first are there "issues". In fact it is a very common remodelers trick to go in with a contract and "find" something the contractor knew damned wellwas there to begin with-but didn't mention ebcaue he wanted the contract!

Like my friends over the top 200K kitchen remodel-when they removed the walls they found asbestos on the pipes-well DUH-it is clearly visible correctly coated and remediated in the basement-you could SEE it (and the builder had been in the basement) Oh and the lead paint-of COURSE there is lead paint in an expensive house built in 1920-it should NEVER have been a surprise.  That bullshit added another 10K to the project-and it could have EASILY been forseen and in the original contract-but the builder didn't want to do that-and risk losing the job.

So it came as a "surprise"...which is complete crap.  I told the builder that too-and there wasn't much he could say to me about it either!

lucky2Beeme
by Emerald Member on Nov. 28, 2016 at 6:31 AM

Love  it , Interesting to watch and I like their personalities. Not always a fan of the outcome.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 28, 2016 at 7:05 AM
I think it's dumb how every single episode begins with the house buyers seeing their dream home that's way out of their budget, and then they act shocked, then express reluctance to do a renovation. Do they not realize what show they're on?? 🙄 But I do like it, regardless. I like most of the shows on HGTV.
Learnedfrommist
by Platinum Member on Nov. 28, 2016 at 7:17 AM
I think it got gives the renovater's something to work from.

Quoting Anonymous 3: I think it's dumb how every single episode begins with the house buyers seeing their dream home that's way out of their budget, and then they act shocked, then express reluctance to do a renovation. Do they not realize what show they're on?? 🙄 But I do like it, regardless. I like most of the shows on HGTV.
meriana
by Silver Member on Nov. 28, 2016 at 7:35 AM

We enjoy it. We also watch a couple of others. One where the couple purchase homes, renovate them and then sell them in California, forget the name of it, Flip or Flop maybe? and the other one is Fixer-Upper. We have come to the conclusion however, that if one is going to do something like that, one should have an extra 20k someplace, or state one's "top" available amount about 20k less that what it actually is, to take care of any problems found once walls are ripped out. It really would be fun to be able to do something like that.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)