Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you still get gifts at Christmas?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 15 Replies
Or do you consider this holiday another one that is just for kids?

When we were newly married and broke with little ones, we didn't get gifts. However, as we have become more stable, we have started the practice that everyone gets gifts.

This year, and for a few years now, we all make different lists for everyone with three things on it and each person gets each other person one gift. The only exception is that we still get the kids more things and of course we do stockings.

So what your tradition? Do you think that will change as the years pass?
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 28, 2016 at 6:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Summerlion1123
by Ruby Member on Nov. 28, 2016 at 6:48 AM
It depends. Sometimes we pick our own gifts. Sometimes we get each other a special surprise. If it's a very slim year we just do kids.

My mom and MIL get me presents though.
bmw29
by spitfire_bobbie on Nov. 28, 2016 at 6:54 AM
1 mom liked this
Everyone gets gifts.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 28, 2016 at 6:56 AM
A gift. Only the kids get Santa gifts under the tree. We draw names with the other adults in DH's family, and those are usually the only gifts we get.
g33k
by Gold Member on Nov. 28, 2016 at 6:57 AM

yes; not because we (dh and i) need it but because we feel that everyone should have at least one present to open at christmas.

we buy whatever we need/want for ourselves to throughout the year but come november 1, we stop buying for ourselves and start putting what we want on a christmas list.  

alli1204
by Silver Member on Nov. 28, 2016 at 6:59 AM
Sometimes we do gifts for each other, and sometimes instead of gifts for each other we will book a couples vacation and that's our gift to each other. Just depends on the year.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 28, 2016 at 7:00 AM
I already got my present. I found it at an antique store while I was working. I have to go and pick it up today.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Nov. 28, 2016 at 7:06 AM
Yes. My mom and step-dad are giving DH and I an early Christmas gift of $500 CDN for our trip to Cancun on Saturday.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 28, 2016 at 7:12 AM
That's a neat idea.

Quoting Anonymous 3: A gift. Only the kids get Santa gifts under the tree. We draw names with the other adults in DH's family, and those are usually the only gifts we get.
.MiaBella.
by Mia on Nov. 28, 2016 at 7:22 AM

We all get gifts.

Razzle_Dazzle1
by Platinum Member on Nov. 28, 2016 at 7:25 AM

Yes, my husband and I give each other presents and my mother does family portriats as gifts every year. We do gifts for adults for birthdays and christmas too. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)