Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Disability

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 18 Replies
I'm not wet going to be able to hold dondown a job again. I had a great job witdoing something I enjoyed with people I liked. I was even making good money, not great, but good. Then something happened and it caused my mental illness to send me into a crisis. I ended up spending a couple months in the hospital. With the way my illness has progressed my Dr believes I will never be able to hold a job again. This last crisis has shattered me. DH has been working 2 jobs to support is since a lost my income. Everyone is telling me to file for disability, but I feel like a loser. I will never be able to be a fully independent woman again. That is a horrible thought. Has anyone been through this or similar? Can anyone give me advice?
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 28, 2016 at 8:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MenopauseManiac
by Ruby Member on Nov. 28, 2016 at 8:05 AM

If you can't work, file. That's what disability is for.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 28, 2016 at 8:08 AM
Reality sucks sometimes. But if disability could allow
Your husband to not work two jobs to support you, file
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 28, 2016 at 8:09 AM
File.
sweetfox3
by Gold Member on Nov. 28, 2016 at 8:11 AM
File. Before your husband is sent into a crisis by overwork. That is what it is for
BluesPagan2.0
by Platinum Member on Nov. 28, 2016 at 8:12 AM
First off file. If your mental illness is as bad as you say it is then that means it has disabled you. File.

May I ask what it is that you suffer from?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 28, 2016 at 8:18 AM
It's a long process and it's based on your husband's income by the time you do get it.
It's about 3 years to get.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Nov. 28, 2016 at 8:22 AM
File. I had a sudden physical disability that has lead to/aggravated mental illnesses and they have become Debilitating. I tried to go back to work this past summer and I got really sick again. Couldn't physically handle it. I'm trying to get myself to try part time but I panic thinking about it now. I've been on disability 7 years now. I hate it but it helps us.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Nov. 28, 2016 at 8:24 AM
It's not based on spousal income. It's based on points accumulated by how much you've worked. And it doesn't always take 3 years. Mine took 4 months and I got back paid too.

Quoting Anonymous 4: It's a long process and it's based on your husband's income by the time you do get it.
It's about 3 years to get.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Nov. 28, 2016 at 8:28 AM
Go to a lawyer who specializes in Disability . No money up front , they'll either take a lump some from your first check if it's a back dated check ( and your getting a couple months of pay in one sum) or they'll take a small mount of each check until the fee is paid off.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 28, 2016 at 9:11 AM
Bipolar disorder with schizo effective disorder and anxiety ad I'm autistic. High functioning but out does add to the difficulty.

Quoting BluesPagan2.0: First off file. If your mental illness is as bad as you say it is then that means it has disabled you. File.

May I ask what it is that you suffer from?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)