Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Bedwetting

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 5 Replies
I need help on how to get my 8yr old ds to stop bedwetting. It's getting gross he's been doing it since he was 5 he was completely potty trained. I feel he's too old to still be doing this and it smells up my bathroom until he rinses his clothes out. He's a heavy sleeper so the bedwetting alarm doesn't work unless you have a different one for recommending. His doctor says "It's a boy thing, he will eventually outgrow it." Ugh. Help please! No judging either. Btw he has 2 siblings.
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 28, 2016 at 8:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 28, 2016 at 8:15 AM
Just have to wait until he stops on his own.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 28, 2016 at 8:16 AM

My brother did it until he was 10-11, he did out grow it and I know my mom saw countless doctors. I would make him wear Goodnite and not make a huge deal of it.

fallenangel_353
by Ruby Member on Nov. 28, 2016 at 8:24 AM
Well. I hear you. My Dd has been potty trained since she was 2. She's 8 and is a wetter. She has been to a pediatrician about it since she was 4. She has an underdeveloped bladder and even when awake has to go to the restroom a lot, if she doesn't, you risk her peeing her pants. She doesn't have much control. The ped said this is actually common and in a lot of cases the bladder catches up by around 10 years old. That's a long fucking time :( She doesn't want to put her on meds because she believes it hurts them in the long run. So at this point we are just waiting it out. I have been proactive and done all I can.
madamlunna213
by Silver Member on Nov. 28, 2016 at 8:50 AM
Sorry besides getting the nighttime pull ups or those disposal pad things there's not much you can do. You can try limiting his drinks in the evenings that may help it's just something they got to grow out of..
mary_123
by New Member on Feb. 20, 2017 at 8:21 PM

It's not unusual to have a bedwetter in the house. Actually, its very common. Bedwetting impacts m illions of children and one of the best solutions is to use a bedwetting alarm. You can check out the large selection, watch videos and more. Good luck.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)