Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

So glad that wasn't my kid

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 7 Replies

Last night DD and I were at the store.  I needed to grab a new charger for my phone and she needed a few things for her school lunch.  I was looking for the charger and I hear this kid ask for a phone. The mom said no.  The kid then went on a rant calling the mom names and using words that made me cringe,  I came around the corner and that kid couldn't have been more than 13-14ish.  I don't normally condone smacking a kid...but I wanted to tell that mom no one would blame her.  Holy Hell.  I can't imagine a kid calling their mom such awful things over a phone.  

I went off to find my daughter but we had to walk back by them to check out and the kid was still going on.  An employee was standing near by on a radio.  

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 28, 2016 at 8:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
jabs54
by Ruby Member on Nov. 28, 2016 at 8:31 AM

Awful!  

I love the last sentence, lol.

left.drowning
by Fix Me on Nov. 28, 2016 at 8:43 AM
Evil kids!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 28, 2016 at 8:48 AM
Loudly cussing? I would have inserted myself.
fallenangel_353
by Ruby Member on Nov. 28, 2016 at 8:50 AM
And what good would that have done? In this instance it's mom who should have "inserted" herself, and it sounds like she should have done that a long time ago. You would have only escalated the child's tantrum. He/she talks to mom that way, how do you think he/she would respond to you?

Quoting Anonymous 2: Loudly cussing? I would have inserted myself.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 28, 2016 at 9:00 AM
I would have quietly said, excuse me but I have children in this store and you need to stop this behavior. How would I know what would happen?

Quoting fallenangel_353: And what good would that have done? In this instance it's mom who should have "inserted" herself, and it sounds like she should have done that a long time ago. You would have only escalated the child's tantrum. He/she talks to mom that way, how do you think he/she would respond to you?

fallenangel_353
by Ruby Member on Nov. 28, 2016 at 9:05 AM
Well that's respectful enough. You never know what a cm member means by inserting themselves lol.

But still, this is something mom should have gotten in check a long time ago.

Quoting Anonymous 2: I would have quietly said, excuse me but I have children in this store and you need to stop this behavior. How would I know what would happen?

Quoting fallenangel_353: And what good would that have done? In this instance it's mom who should have "inserted" herself, and it sounds like she should have done that a long time ago. You would have only escalated the child's tantrum. He/she talks to mom that way, how do you think he/she would respond to you?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 28, 2016 at 9:15 AM
True lol and I definitely agree. He may not have had a proper father figure in his life. Who knows. I would hope to embarrass him but would be okay with getting cursed as well.

Quoting fallenangel_353: Well that's respectful enough. You never know what a cm member means by inserting themselves lol.

But still, this is something mom should have gotten in check a long time ago.

Quoting Anonymous 2: I would have quietly said, excuse me but I have children in this store and you need to stop this behavior. How would I know what would happen?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)