Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Empty threat or should we be worried? Updated

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 176 Replies
1 mom liked this
My boyfriend's kids' mom is threatening to call CPS on us of he insists on taking his summer visitation this year. She says she will leave us alone if he agrees to forgo visitation from now on and only visits them at her place whenever he can get a fee days off.

The back story - She is still friends with his Mom and his sister. She is also good friends with my exhusband's sister. They have told her all kinds of things about me and my past to make me look bad. They told her I am mentally ill and refuse to get treatment, that I am a raging alcoholic, that I am a former and maybe a current drug addict. None of those things are true but she now doesn't want her kids living with me for visitations.

My boyfriend is really nervous. He doesn't want to give up his visitation and be forced to travel to her for short visitations the rare times he will have that chance and he doesn't want to give up all of his time off and never have time off with the whole family. But he is afraid that some of the issues from my past may bite me in the ass with cps. I so have a police record and a record of being in patient because my ex basically gaslighted me into thinking I was crazy. Can my past really affect our present as far as CPS goes?

Update -I don't have time respond individually to everybody who has replied. To answer a few questions and clarify the police record is drunk and disorderly when I was 21 and possession of marijuana and ecstasy when I was 22. I am 31 now. No, I am mentally ill. Any mental/emotional instability I suffered at the time was caused by my ex. Since I have been away from him I have been fine.

As for the update, my boyfriend secured a lawyer who believes his ex has no grounds for anything and if she attempts to refuse visitation we are immediately going to file contempt. We also called CPS ourselves and they said if she does call at most a caseworker would be sent to our home to speak with us but that the whole thing sounds like a custody dispute to her and that anything that far in the past would not be a big issue. So we will see.

No he isn't dumping me and no my kids and I arent moving out.
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 28, 2016 at 9:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
OwlNuggets
by HAIL NUGGY! on Nov. 28, 2016 at 9:31 AM
9 moms liked this

It shouldn't.

CPS may come, but if your home is clean, the kids are well-fed and happy, and there's nothing to substantiate their claims, you'll be fine.

I would, however, begin keeping track of these incidents so you can spin it around and get HER for false reporting and harassment.

mojogirl
by Ouiser Boudreaux on Nov. 28, 2016 at 9:33 AM
19 moms liked this

to be frank, i don't think i would want my kids around you either. aside from being just the girlfriend, if even one of these so called rumors were true it is the mom's duty to protect her kids. and the fact that your bf is even concerned what cps might turn up is huge red flags. just sayin'

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 28, 2016 at 9:33 AM
1 mom liked this

As long as you can show you are seeking/have sought treatment it shouldn't matter. They only worry if you have a history of mental illness and refuse to be treated for it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 28, 2016 at 9:39 AM
Good idea. They we communicate by text so saving them should be easy

Quoting OwlNuggets:

It shouldn't.

CPS may come, but if your home is clean, the kids are well-fed and happy, and there's nothing to substantiate their claims, you'll be fine.

I would, however, begin keeping track of these incidents so you can spin it around and get HER for false reporting and harassment.

OwlNuggets
by HAIL NUGGY! on Nov. 28, 2016 at 9:41 AM
3 moms liked this

Yes, begin a file. If CPS is called, you can show them the texts and explain that the ex has threatened this but you are prepared to show that this issue is between the adults, and the children are out of harm's way and fine but you are concerned about what kind of stress and anxiety this puts on them.

Be the better person and you WILL prevail.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Good idea. They we communicate by text so saving them should be easy
Quoting OwlNuggets:

It shouldn't.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Nov. 28, 2016 at 9:43 AM
1 mom liked this
Jojo?
mama_danetta
by She's so heavy on Nov. 28, 2016 at 9:45 AM
Why is he so scared of CPS?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 28, 2016 at 9:46 AM
But the thing is, I'm not mentally ill and have never been so no I'm not seeking treatment.

Quoting Anonymous 3:

As long as you can show you are seeking/have sought treatment it shouldn't matter. They only worry if you have a history of mental illness and refuse to be treated for it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Nov. 28, 2016 at 9:46 AM
1 mom liked this
I just laughed so bloody hard...

Quoting Anonymous 5: Jojo?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 28, 2016 at 9:46 AM
Not hardly.

Quoting Anonymous 5: Jojo?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)