Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you think she can remember?

Posted by on Nov. 28, 2016 at 10:41 AM
  • 11 Replies
My daughter hasn't seen her dad in 3 years exactly. She will be 5 in March. We were looking through pictures on Facebook's timehop, she was watching cause it was photos of her and Santa. Then a photo of her and her dad came up. I kinda ignored it and moved on and she scrolled back up and asked if that was her daddy.
Um...she wasn't even 2 yet...I wont go into details but it was an extremely (pbysically and emotionally) traumatizing night for her. The photo was taken right before it happened.
Is their anyway she could actually remember him? I can't see how she could being so young but she's saw pictures of other guys in her life and never questioned it.
by on Nov. 28, 2016 at 10:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
StarLight23
by Platinum Member on Nov. 28, 2016 at 3:47 PM

I wouldn't think so. Memories don't start forming until 3 or four-ish. So no, I doubt she'll remember.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Nov. 28, 2016 at 3:51 PM

Right before what happened? What happened to her dad?

Easedropping
by Platinum Member on Nov. 28, 2016 at 3:53 PM

I doubt she remembers. It was probably because it was her and him together and on your memory feed. She put 2 and 2 together and came up with that must be my daddy. 

Do you not talk about him at all?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 28, 2016 at 3:57 PM
This.

Quoting Easedropping:

I doubt she remembers. It was probably because it was her and him together and on your memory feed. She put 2 and 2 together and came up with that must be my daddy. 

Do you not talk about him at all?

missymackie
by Hey Brother on Nov. 28, 2016 at 3:58 PM
I doubt it
SleepingBeautee
by Gold Member on Nov. 28, 2016 at 3:58 PM

I have a couple very clear memories from before I was two. I wouldn't doubt that she remembers his face, especially since she asked you directly about him.

beeky
by Platinum Member on Nov. 28, 2016 at 3:58 PM
She may remember but the memories won't last long term.

When my dd was only a few months old, her dad went on a business trip for 4 days. It seemed like she wasn't aware that he was gone until he returned home. Her very excited reaction was fascinating to watch and proved that she missed him.
Thelmama
by Ruby Member on Nov. 28, 2016 at 4:00 PM

She could. Some people can remember things from an early age, some can not. It depends on the child. I have very clear, verified memories before I was 2. I was telling my mom about something I remembered and she said how do you remember that you weren't even two? She had never told me about it. I just remembered, still, do.  

zombieskayer
by Platinum Member on Nov. 28, 2016 at 4:00 PM

Sometimes kids remember the strangest things. It could be that she just kind of assumed because she doesn't knwo him but theres obviously a picture of her with him. 

bleumonster
by Sapphire Member on Nov. 28, 2016 at 4:02 PM
If it was coupled with a trauma, she might. Traumatic events stand out more and can stick in your memory.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)