Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Has Anyone Ever Used This Site?

Posted by on Nov. 28, 2016 at 11:15 AM
  • 15 Replies

http://www.boardgamesmaker.com/

I don't know how to make it clicky but I made a board game as a class project in college, I got a 100 on it and the whole class loved it. I was thinking about remaking it so that it was better because my nieces and nephews loved it so much. I screwed up my first try so I had to remake it and I rushed it to finish it by the due date so I thought if I did it again, I could do better. I was looking for some tips for how to make it better and I found this website that lets you design custom board games. They seem pretty reasonably priced (I haven't checked the shipping prices yet though) and I can make everything I need, including the question cards, spinner, game pieces, the box, and instructions. I thought of saving it for my kids (if I ever have any) or for kids I babysit for, future great nieces and nephews, etc. Maybe even use it for my class if I ever finish my teaching degree. 

This is the original board game.

It's basically a trip to the zoo. You land on the spaces, draw a card, and guess the animal the clues refer to. I even made them rhyme. 

"I may live in your back yard if you look up in the trees. I store my nuts for the winter and climb high with ease" (Squirrel)

"I have eight skinny legs. My web is sticky and thin. I eat juicy flies that accidentally fly in." (spider)

"I have a pouch on my belly to keep my babies safe. I live in Australia and hop all over the place." (kangaroo)

"You buy milk at the store, but it really comes from me. I eat grass all day and "Moo!" at my buddy." (cow)

Does anyone have any expeirence with this website? I want to make it look professional. 

by on Nov. 28, 2016 at 11:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
diaperstodating
by on Nov. 28, 2016 at 11:17 AM
No I haven't.
Neko_Nightstar
by Gold Member on Nov. 28, 2016 at 11:23 AM
1 mom liked this

Thanks for the bump then. I'm hoping someone has used them sucessfully but I know it is a long shot. I'm afraid of using a site that I know nothing about.

Quoting diaperstodating: No I haven't.

Neko_Nightstar
by Gold Member on Nov. 28, 2016 at 11:27 AM

BUMP!

diaperstodating
by on Nov. 28, 2016 at 11:37 AM
Bump
Neko_Nightstar
by Gold Member on Nov. 28, 2016 at 10:32 PM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Nov. 28, 2016 at 10:34 PM
I experience with it. But your board game sounds like it would be a lot of fun.
paTrollDog
by Ruby Member on Nov. 28, 2016 at 10:35 PM
No.
paigea
by on Nov. 28, 2016 at 10:36 PM

That sounds like a really neat site.  But no, I have never heard of it before.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 28, 2016 at 10:36 PM
Why would a non parent want to hang out in this crazy place?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 28, 2016 at 10:38 PM

Looks like something you could make your damn self.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)