Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

In laws

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 14 Replies
Anybody else hate the holiday season because they dont like their in laws. I married my dh not his family.
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 28, 2016 at 11:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bluebunnybabe
by kid crack dealer on Nov. 28, 2016 at 11:23 AM
My in laws are awesome. I'm hoping we'll see them a little more often after we move closer to town. We all work a lot & keep different schedules.
Libby22
by Ruby Member on Nov. 28, 2016 at 11:24 AM

I absolutely adore my in laws. I love them so much. They just bought a winter home in FL so we'll be enjoying cheap vacations every spring break :) So excited!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 28, 2016 at 11:25 AM
Thats great. I cant stand them obviously i love my dh. So compromise is everything and making sure he is happy.

Quoting bluebunnybabe: My in laws are awesome. I'm hoping we'll see them a little more often after we move closer to town. We all work a lot & keep different schedules.
lucky2Beeme
by Emerald Member on Nov. 28, 2016 at 11:26 AM

NO I think my dhs mom was a wonderful women. Sadly she passed before we got married. His dad wasn't in his life really. See in my family You marry us all. WE will embrace you , support you,respect you and  treat you like one of our own. Should you screw up we will let you know also.  My DIL is an only child she found it a bit overwhelming to marry into a such a huge family. Once she was in she loves it. She loves having so many people that love and care about her.  My siblings, our kids and grands are 38 strong. !

bluebunnybabe
by kid crack dealer on Nov. 28, 2016 at 11:28 AM
I was in that situation for many years with my ex husband. It's definitely a challenge.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Thats great. I cant stand them obviously i love my dh. So compromise is everything and making sure he is happy.

Quoting bluebunnybabe: My in laws are awesome. I'm hoping we'll see them a little more often after we move closer to town. We all work a lot & keep different schedules.
morgiefae
by on Nov. 28, 2016 at 11:30 AM

I have a love-hate relationship with most of DH's family.... but it doesn't matter now, as DH has decided that he is done with them and their toxic habbits

bubbs0809
by Emerald Member on Nov. 28, 2016 at 11:30 AM
I have no inlaws
But he probably doesn't want to deal with my family
Spare.Time
by Emerald Member on Nov. 28, 2016 at 11:32 AM

My inlaws are all very nice people, well except one bil.  He drinks way too much and when he drinks he gets loud and obnoxious, but he's harmless.

krazymom2boyz
by Platinum Member on Nov. 28, 2016 at 11:32 AM
Thank God my in-laws moved to Germany so I don't have to deal with them. They hate me and the feeling is mutual. Now that they are gone we have a nice, fun, stress free Christmas!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 28, 2016 at 12:26 PM

I don't like them, but I don't hate the Holidays. I don't spend holidays with them.

I agree though, I married HIM  not THEM.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)