Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

animal abuse???

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 11 Replies
I have 3 inside dogs. I keep water supply outside and they spend alot of time outside when the weather is good. Now i finding out i should have a food supply and a doghouse for each in my yard. None even know what to do with a doghouse. They come to the door instead.
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 28, 2016 at 12:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PinkButterfly66
by Sapphire Member on Nov. 28, 2016 at 12:03 PM

If they come inside to sleep and eat then no you don't need food outside.  If the dogs have shelter outside like a tree for shade then you don't need doghouses.  Doghouses are only for dogs that stay outside all the time.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 28, 2016 at 12:04 PM
Nope. As long as they are fed and watered then they would be fine. Not alot of dogs don't like dog houses at all and prefer to be inside.
PeppermintyTea
by on Nov. 28, 2016 at 12:06 PM
If they are comfortable and enjoying their time outside they don't need doghouses and food bowls put there. They are let in when the weather is bad, and eat inside that's fine. My dog used to just sit on top of his dog house I never saw him go in it, and I didn't like leaving food out because of ants. He was only outside when he wanted to be.
mojogirl
by Ouiser Boudreaux on Nov. 28, 2016 at 12:08 PM

how long are they usually outside for? one hour? two hours? 18 hours?

Schnauzerlove76
by Bronze Member on Nov. 28, 2016 at 12:22 PM
Says who? Inside dogs need their food and bedding inside.
luckysevenwow
by Emerald Member on Nov. 28, 2016 at 12:24 PM

My DD's dog stays outside when she works, they just built him a dog house, got him a heated doggy pad, and a heated water bowl. He is their baby and it shows lol

If your dogs are inside dogs more then outside dogs, they do not need anything other then some water. 

SummerMeow
by on Nov. 28, 2016 at 12:25 PM

If your dogs are outside for sometime, then yes you need some sort of shelter and water outside for them.  If they are outside just long enough to take care of their business, then no you don't any of that outside.

Thelmama
by Ruby Member on Nov. 28, 2016 at 12:28 PM

Our dog is part lab, beagle and dalmation. He LOVES outside. We keep food and water bowl outside and we made him a dog house.  He also has other areas of shelter he uses. He comes in at night or when the weather is too cold or rainy. He prefers outside and our back yard is fully fenced.  He comes to the door and asks to come in if he wants. I don't know what the rules/laws are in our area but we have never had an issue. He is well fed, happy, and healthy. He is a bit spoiled. LOL

P.S. He eats twice a day per vet orders. His water bowl is filled and he has water when he wants or needs it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 28, 2016 at 12:54 PM
Where do you live? Does it get extremely hot or extremely cold? You should have at least a shady area or at least one dog house big enough for all dogs to lay in if they stay outside for long lengths of time.
CABZS
by Sapphire Member on Nov. 28, 2016 at 12:56 PM
If you don't keep them out there when you are gone I'm not sure why you need a dog house. But if they are out for long periods and no way to get back into the house, yes they need shelter, food and water.

Quoting Anonymous 1: I have 3 inside dogs. I keep water supply outside and they spend alot of time outside when the weather is good. Now i finding out i should have a food supply and a doghouse for each in my yard. None even know what to do with a doghouse. They come to the door instead.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)