Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Husbands/SOs and Christmas gifts...

Posted by on Nov. 28, 2016 at 12:07 PM
  • 209 Replies
1 mom liked this

Christmas shopping for my husband has been a struggle. I don't do ANYTHING last minute, ever. So shopping for him has went a little something like this:

Buy Traxxas RC truck he'd been looking at (our Amazon accounts are linked, so his search history shows up on my account). Hide it in the ONE closet he'd never open (brooms and cleaning supplies, lol) and BAM, within two weeks, he opens that closet for some reason. Sees a black sheet and decides he MUST move it and BAM...there's his Christmas present. Come home and he's playing with it, lol.

Wait a week, buy Amazon Fire Stick he'd been talking about wanting. He's home when it's delivered (he's not usually home alone in the middle of the day, but I was at an appointment and he had came home to eat lunch). I got home and it's plugged into the TV and he's already set it up. Darn. There goes that.

So, today....I bought him a Chevrolet long-sleeve t-shirt, a black stainless steel chain he'd been looking at, and a new charger dock for his playstation controllers (the one he had fell to it's death about a week ago). If he finds this stuff before Christmas (It'll be delivered Friday, I'll wrap as soon as it's delivered this time, so hopefully he won't find it) I'm not buying anything else.

I buy something for him every year, but he never buys for me, so I bought myself a new KCup holder (smaller than what I use so takes up less space and holds more cups) and a Carafe for my Keurig. I'll wrap them and put them under the tree because the kids ask every year why mommy doesn't open anything, lol.

So, do you buy for your SO for Christmas? Does he wait until Christmas to open/use/play with gifts even if he knows what they are? Does he buy for you? Is he secretive about it, or do you know right away?

by on Nov. 28, 2016 at 12:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SPNpudding
by Platinum Member on Nov. 28, 2016 at 12:10 PM
There's a Yeti cup hiding under my nightstand this very minute lol
OwlNuggets
by HAIL NUGGY! on Nov. 28, 2016 at 12:10 PM

No we're both awful at waiting for our gifts from each other lul but we don't mind not having anything to open on Christmas morning. xD

zacmacsmomm
by Ruby Member on Nov. 28, 2016 at 12:11 PM

My hub is hard to buy for.  His b-day is Dec 8, I got him a sewing maching.  Don't know what I'm going to do for him for Christmas yet

IncognitoOne
by Ruby Member on Nov. 28, 2016 at 12:12 PM

Haha!

I already bought us both a 30oz and we've been using them. The kids all love ours, so they're getting the Ozark Trail 20oz version full of candy in their stocking :)

Quoting SPNpudding: There's a Yeti cup hiding under my nightstand this very minute lol

kiwiskiwi29
by on Nov. 28, 2016 at 12:12 PM

We don't exchange Christmas gifts to each other.

PrettyWings29
by Caribbean Queen on Nov. 28, 2016 at 12:13 PM
1 mom liked this

He got me an early present and gave it to me Saturday so I gave him one of his early, too. It worked out well. I still have a few more things I want to get for him but I'm not sure what yet. 

SPNpudding
by Platinum Member on Nov. 28, 2016 at 12:13 PM
1 mom liked this
I got the lowball (I think?) lol it isnt the koozie and isn't the bigger one.

Quoting IncognitoOne:

Haha!

I already bought us both a 30oz and we've been using them. The kids all love ours, so they're getting the Ozark Trail 20oz version full of candy in their stocking :)

Quoting SPNpudding: There's a Yeti cup hiding under my nightstand this very minute lol

IncognitoOne
by Ruby Member on Nov. 28, 2016 at 12:13 PM

I have never minded it either, but the kids had started asking and it seemed to bother them that everyone had gifts but mommy.

They decided last year that I must be a horrible person because Santa only leaves the naughty people out, lol.

Quoting OwlNuggets:

No we're both awful at waiting for our gifts from each other lul but we don't mind not having anything to open on Christmas morning. xD

AvantGardener
by on Nov. 28, 2016 at 12:14 PM
1 mom liked this

I wrap things the day I buy them. Last year was a big ordeal. I haven't decided what to get him this year yet.

IncognitoOne
by Ruby Member on Nov. 28, 2016 at 12:14 PM

My DH loves to sew too! He has an antique Singer and a new-ish Brother machine, or I'd have bought him a sewing machine!

Quoting zacmacsmomm:

My hub is hard to buy for.  His b-day is Dec 8, I got him a sewing maching.  Don't know what I'm going to do for him for Christmas yet

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)