Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Not sure what to do ETA

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 16 Replies

So ladies, here is my issue. My DH has to work on Christmas Day. He works in a greenhouse so there are different laws for that. We go to my mom's house for Christmas dinner usually. But he has to work the day after Christmas, which is when she is having Christmas dinner because Christmas is on a Sunday and everyone has church and my brother conducts the choir at his church and everything. 

My parents live an hour away. My Dh works until 3:30 or 4pm on Monday and he gets up around 5:30 in the morning.  So I'm not sure what to do. The real problem is that I don't have a car. Christmas eve they spend at my brother's house (SIL's family is Ukranian and it's tradition to do the 7 fishes, borscht, etc). I am thinking of having him take me to my parents' house Saturday so I can go to Christmas Eve at my brother's house with them and have him and MIL (who also lives with us) pick me up Christmas Day after church so that we can exchange gifts with them. I won't be there for Christmas which just sucks but I don't know what to do.

MIL works Christmas Eve and I can't drive DH's car. 

What would you do if you were in my situation?

ETA: His children are all grown and two live out of state, so they don't live with us. 

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 28, 2016 at 12:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
corticosteroid
by Sapphire Member on Nov. 28, 2016 at 12:44 PM

I'd stay home.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 28, 2016 at 12:45 PM

I would stay my ass home. That's what I'd do.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 28, 2016 at 12:50 PM
Stay home
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 28, 2016 at 12:55 PM

Stay home.  That sounds like a mess.

awelling
by Ruby Member on Nov. 28, 2016 at 12:56 PM
Stay home.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Nov. 28, 2016 at 12:57 PM
Why don't you have a car?
Elle.tea.22
by Emerald Member on Nov. 28, 2016 at 12:59 PM
Stay home
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 28, 2016 at 1:00 PM

I don't have a car because my DH gave the car I drove to his daughter and we don't have any money to get another car. That's a whole other story.

Quoting Anonymous 5: Why don't you have a car?

mojogirl
by Ouiser Boudreaux on Nov. 28, 2016 at 1:01 PM

so you're going to skip out on christmas morning with your kids so you can spend it with your extended family?? wow, if that's not a slap in the face i don't know what is.

Talkingheads
by Ruby Member on Nov. 28, 2016 at 1:02 PM

You need to move out

Quoting Anonymous 1:

I don't have a car because my DH gave the car I drove to his daughter and we don't have any money to get another car. That's a whole other story.

Quoting Anonymous 5: Why don't you have a car?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)