Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

what should I do with them?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 13 Replies
My mom just dropped the kid's Christmas presents off. She's going on a cruise this year for Christmas. So she got my 5 and 10 yr old stuff they will play with. Paw patrol, shopkins and some barbies. For my 13 year old she must have spent a small fortune on makeup, nail polish and hair stuff at ulta and Sephora. My mom is always trying to make her more girly. To wear more pink and less black. She's not lady like enough for my mom.

My 13 yr old has never worn makeup or nail polish and she doesn't style or do anything with her hair other than wash it. She likes zombies, to draw and paint and play five nights at Freddy's. Should I return the stuff and get her things she'll like or give her the things grandma wanted her to have? Wwyd?
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 28, 2016 at 1:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 28, 2016 at 1:15 PM
Bump
corticosteroid
by Sapphire Member on Nov. 28, 2016 at 1:17 PM

Give her the things Grandma wanted her to have.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 28, 2016 at 1:17 PM
I'd return most of it and get her stuff she wants. That's probably not the right answer, but I hate those kind of gifts.
mommy2boys03
by Gold Member on Nov. 28, 2016 at 1:19 PM
1 mom liked this
I would give her what your mom wanted her to have, take pictures for your mom then return the stuff. The other option is tell your mom before hand you are taking it back for things your daughter will use.
AvantGardener
by on Nov. 28, 2016 at 1:19 PM

I'd return the stuff. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 28, 2016 at 1:20 PM
1 mom liked this

Ask your DD. The decision should be hers at that age.

quinnsmom715
by Ruby Member on Nov. 28, 2016 at 1:20 PM

why give her stuff she has no interest in?

Roxygurl
by Sapphire Member on Nov. 28, 2016 at 1:20 PM
I'd give it to her but explain you'll take back whatever she doesn't want and let her chose things she does want
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 28, 2016 at 1:20 PM
I'd give it to her, but tell her that if it's not her style you can go to the store together to exchange it for something else and that's fine. If grandma is doing it purposely to force her to change it's not rude to exchange the gift - if it was truly a thoughtful present I wouldn't typically offer that option.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Nov. 28, 2016 at 1:20 PM

Let your daughter decide.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)