Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I hate my racist neighbors

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 10 Replies
I live in your stereotypical small town in the south (Harrison, AR). Everybody knows everybody and all their business and everyone got an opinion.
My 27 year old daughter is marrying her Rwandan fiancé next July.
My neighbors are so dang annoying. You'd think they didn't know this was the 21st century. They all saying my girl is makin a big mistake because he just want to use her and that no body will sell them a house here because "mixed people's" don't really "fit in" here

Im this close to just moving as far away from this town as possible. I've lived here my whole life. I'm glad my daughter got out and explored the world and met someone to expand we world.
I'm considering moving to Chicago (or smaller suburb around there) so I can still visit my other adult kids and grandbabies

I'm sad these people still exist.
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 28, 2016 at 1:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 28, 2016 at 1:28 PM
I'm sure your neighbors would appreciate you moving too.
AbbyWalsh
by Gold Member on Nov. 28, 2016 at 1:30 PM
1 mom liked this
Unless you have a compelling reason to stay, I think you'd be happier somewhere else. I know I wouldn't want those people as my neighbors!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 28, 2016 at 1:32 PM
You look like you need a hug. It's hug a racist day!

Quoting Anonymous 2: I'm sure your neighbors would appreciate you moving too.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 28, 2016 at 1:34 PM
Can't imagine living in one place my entire life let alone a small town where most have antiquated backward views. Smh.

I hope you're able to move.
SDmomma-3
by Ruby Member on Nov. 28, 2016 at 1:34 PM
I vote move!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Nov. 28, 2016 at 1:35 PM

You hate people because you feel they hate?  LOL  You are sad the exist?

Take that finger you are pointing and point it back at yourself.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Nov. 28, 2016 at 1:35 PM

I'd tell them to fuck right off. Then I would make sure to never acknowledge their existence again.

Deshonsmommy
by Silver Member on Nov. 28, 2016 at 1:37 PM

I'm sorry that they have made you feel this way, my brother and SIL are a mixed race couple with a beautiful son who is 2 and they seem happy, it breaks my heart to know that there are people who not only feel that way about other people but feel comfortable expressing their thoughts. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Nov. 28, 2016 at 1:41 PM

Wow, my sister in law and brother in law ( both teachers in your town)  and niece and nephew live in Harrison I had no idea it was like that. It seems so pretty and quaint from the pictures but I have never been there. Wow, small world. I live in what one would consider one of the most tolerant and liberal ( we voted for Hillary!) states and cities in the USA ( and proudly so I may add!).

Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Nov. 28, 2016 at 1:58 PM
Wait Arkansas? Where Hillary and Bill is from? The state of majority Democratic Governors is racist? Out of 46 Governors, only 8 have ever been Rep. This cant be right, Dems arent racist, you sure you didnt understand their jokes? Dems are tolerant people hun.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)