Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Gun control

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 5 Replies
There should be some control. At least in the sense of who obtains them. If someone is seriously mentally disturbed, they shouldn't have a gun. Someone from my home town walked in a pawn shop, bought a gun, bullets, left, came back and shot the worker that sold him the gun. The guy that did it had schizophrenia and I knew him. Not closely, but still. I did know if he was on his medication, in his right mind, he wouldn't hurt anybody. But that day, he heard something tell him to do it. Now he's in prison and probably isn't getting the treatment he needs.

Sorry, long story. All of that was to say that had it been harder to obtain that gun, that wouldn't have happened. There needs to be something like certified dealers only, background checks prior to purchase, something that just might prevent some of these things.

Granted, access is still there, but it makes it harder for the mentally disturbed to obtain a gun. JMHO
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 28, 2016 at 1:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 28, 2016 at 2:01 PM
shops are required to have an FLL through the ATF. Backgrounds are required even with a CWP. Every single time.

If this guy walked in bought a gun without a background check or a cwp the pawn shop illegally sold that gun.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 28, 2016 at 2:10 PM
This was ten years ago. Merely an example. But apparently whatever they are doing isn't enough.

Quoting Anonymous 2: shops are required to have an FLL through the ATF. Backgrounds are required even with a CWP. Every single time.

If this guy walked in bought a gun without a background check or a cwp the pawn shop illegally sold that gun.
RocknRoll.Rose
by Ruby Member on Nov. 28, 2016 at 2:13 PM

I agree with background checks. People who are violent should not be allowed to own guns. I also think that it should be required by law that you demonstrate that you know how to properly use a gun before you can buy one. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 28, 2016 at 2:13 PM
Well I know here Shops are getting stricter. And if I'm correct even federal guidelines have become stricter over the years.

Quoting Anonymous 1: This was ten years ago. Merely an example. But apparently whatever they are doing isn't enough.

Quoting Anonymous 2: shops are required to have an FLL through the ATF. Backgrounds are required even with a CWP. Every single time.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 28, 2016 at 2:51 PM

IDK, real question is where do you draw the line?  Wasn't long ago that the Supreme court ruled by one vote that citizens were allowed to own guns.  If they would of ruled the other way then only Federal and state run officers would be allowed to own guns,  The federal Government could of recalled all firearms.   Where do you draw the lines?  30 years ago I remember the arguments of "You do not need fully-auto weapons, you still have semi-auto's and those are still allowed and we are not going after them."   Now its "You do not need semi-auto's and bullets."  How much longer until its no guns at all?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)