Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Oh thank you mommy!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 15 Replies
My 2 year old was relentlessly trying to get my attention. I had been up for 2 days straight with sick kids who were puking and pooping all over the place. My dh was 3 feet away and I kept redirecting the tot to go play with his father.

My son climbed on my lap and asked what I was doing. I was playing a game on my phone he liked to play too. (Pokémon.) So in the interest of getting the kid off of me I switched to another game without answering. One I knew he would find boring. Cards, gin rummy to be exact.

He gets so excited and says "oh thank you mommy!" Then gives me an enthusiastic hug and says "thank you playing this game with me."

They don't care what you do... just that you do it with them.

I am so very lucky to have kids to be irritated by. We all are. Try to remember this the next time they are on your last nerve. And trust me...they will be!
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 28, 2016 at 2:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 28, 2016 at 2:16 PM
I agree.

So many can't have kids that want them.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 28, 2016 at 2:19 PM
I struggled for years. Infertility is heart breaking.

I absolutely wanted this child, and all of them.

But some days I need a little reminder or just how much I love him. Like today.

Quoting Anonymous 2: I agree.

So many can't have kids that want them.
SDmomma-3
by Ruby Member on Nov. 28, 2016 at 2:20 PM
I'm admittedly addicted to battle cats (thanks to my 11 year old), now my 3 year old loves to play with me too. She always wants to help get the treasures for the kitties.

I agree. While I may get irritated, I'm lucky to have them.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 28, 2016 at 2:35 PM
I just wanted some space. You know? A few minutes of not touching anyone. Not smelling like puke. No cleaning someone's bodily juices.

Buuuuut he just needed ME. And I'm glad to have been there.

Quoting SDmomma-3: I'm admittedly addicted to battle cats (thanks to my 11 year old), now my 3 year old loves to play with me too. She always wants to help get the treasures for the kitties.

SDmomma-3
by Ruby Member on Nov. 28, 2016 at 2:40 PM
Oh yeah, I know the feeling. I swear we have 3 kids and if one gets sick, they're all sick within hours.

Poor dh doesn't handle bodily fluids very well so it's mommy to the rescue. After handling all that, I just want a shower and a few minutes to breathe.

Kids are just amazing, aren't they? They have a away of taking even the worst times and making it even just a little brighter.
I broke my pinkie toe this weekend (I'm very talented LOL) and my 3 year old was obsessed with helping. Which her helping only hurt more but she was so sweet, I just had to let her try.

Quoting Anonymous 1: I just wanted some space. You know? A few minutes of not touching anyone. Not smelling like puke. No cleaning someone's bodily juices.

Quoting SDmomma-3: I'm admittedly addicted to battle cats (thanks to my 11 year old), now my 3 year old loves to play with me too. She always wants to help get the treasures for the kitties.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 28, 2016 at 2:42 PM
I long for that moment
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 28, 2016 at 2:43 PM
I broke mine some years ago! Horrible pain! I hope you feel better!

Quoting SDmomma-3: Oh yeah, I know the feeling. I swear we have 3 kids and if one gets sick, they're all sick within hours.

Poor dh doesn't handle bodily fluids very well so it's mommy to the rescue. After handling all that, I just want a shower and a few minutes to breathe.

Kids are just amazing, aren't they? They have a away of taking even the worst times and making it even just a little brighter.
I broke my pinkie toe this weekend (I'm very talented LOL) and my 3 year old was obsessed with helping. Which her helping only hurt more but she was so sweet, I just had to let her try.

Quoting Anonymous 1: I just wanted some space. You know? A few minutes of not touching anyone. Not smelling like puke. No cleaning someone's bodily juices.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 28, 2016 at 2:44 PM
It came at just the right time. He and his siblings are everything.

Quoting Anonymous 3: I long for that moment
zombieskayer
by Platinum Member on Nov. 28, 2016 at 2:44 PM

My son's like that and hes 6 lol. He just loves spending time with people. He'll just sit on the couch and watch me sweep and say "Thank you mommy for letting me help you sweep!" Kids can be funny like that. 

SDmomma-3
by Ruby Member on Nov. 28, 2016 at 2:45 PM
Thank you (:

Quoting Anonymous 1: I broke mine some years ago! Horrible pain! I hope you feel better!

Quoting SDmomma-3: Oh yeah, I know the feeling. I swear we have 3 kids and if one gets sick, they're all sick within hours.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)