Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you tip uber?

Posted by on Nov. 28, 2016 at 2:30 PM
  • 5 Replies

We got an Uber from the train station to my cousin's house in VA. The driver was very patient with us having to install four car seats, offered us water,  was nice to my kids and offered to pull over if the baby needed to be fed or anything. At the end we gave him a tip. It's pretty common practice to tip a driver and we always tip cabs, so didn't think this was any different.

The guy acted shocked and said that was the first time anyone has tipped, that people don't usually tip ubers. Why not though? It seems pretty normal to be to tip a driver, especially if they give you good service.

by on Nov. 28, 2016 at 2:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
HellHound
by Ruby Member on Nov. 28, 2016 at 2:31 PM
I've always tipped Uber.
acrogodess
by Emerald Member on Nov. 28, 2016 at 2:32 PM
If my driver went above and beyond as yours did, then yes, I'd tip them too. For a standard ride where they did nothing but drive, show up much later than the estimated arrival time, and follow the GPS which takes longer than the route I give them - no. I don't tip.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bluebunnybabe
by kid crack dealer on Nov. 28, 2016 at 2:32 PM
I've never used Uber but the few times I've taken a cab somewhere, I tip them.
SummerMeow
by on Nov. 28, 2016 at 3:49 PM

Uber isn't available in my area, and I doubt I would use them.  However, I would tip the taxi driver.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Nov. 28, 2016 at 3:51 PM
My husband is a part time uber and sometimes he makes great tips and sometimes nothing at all, he doesn't expect them though, so anything is always nice
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)