Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm sick of going to work sick.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 23 Replies
I'm sitting here on my lunch with a fever and just want to go home to bed. But I can't. I need to save my sick time for my kids getting sick.

Last time I was pretty sick for 2 days but I sucked it up. Sure enough my daughter got sick and I had to stay home with her.
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 28, 2016 at 2:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 28, 2016 at 2:34 PM

Sucks when that happens. Sorry you can't go home. Are you taking Tylenol for your fever? 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 28, 2016 at 2:36 PM
Yes. I'm avoiding my pregnant coworker because I don't want to expose her. And washing my hands 100 times. But I have chills and turned up the heater at work.

Quoting Anonymous 2:

Sucks when that happens. Sorry you can't go home. Are you taking Tylenol for your fever? 

AJandJDsMom
by Silver Member on Nov. 28, 2016 at 2:42 PM

Been there done that.  It's what us parents do.  I'm not having to do it as much as I used to.  My ODS is 17, so I do not have to stay with him.  YDS is 10, and we don't let him stay home alone yet, but I also have his father to help and my SO.  So it's doesn't all just fall on me.  It did with my ODS when he was younger though.  It will not last forever.

Oooh-Lala
by on Nov. 28, 2016 at 2:44 PM
Feel better.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 28, 2016 at 2:45 PM
Feel better mama! I've been there many times and it sucks
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 28, 2016 at 2:47 PM
My ex absolutely refuses to stay home with them when they are sick. He will take a random day off work because he doesn't feel like going to work. (Usually he's mad at his boss and trying to stick it to her) but if I ask him to help with sick kids he gets pissy and says no way.

Quoting AJandJDsMom:

Been there done that.  It's what us parents do.  I'm not having to do it as much as I used to.  My ODS is 17, so I do not have to stay with him.  YDS is 10, and we don't let him stay home alone yet, but I also have his father to help and my SO.  So it's doesn't all just fall on me.  It did with my ODS when he was younger though.  It will not last forever.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 28, 2016 at 2:49 PM
I think we all have been there. Hope you feel better fast
momwriter
by on Nov. 28, 2016 at 2:49 PM
1 mom liked this
That's awful. Hope you're better soon. πŸ˜’
left.drowning
by Fix Me on Nov. 28, 2016 at 2:50 PM
I work with migraines.

It's awful to be an adult some days.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 28, 2016 at 2:52 PM
Omg yes! 4 more hours. I might try to leave an hour early.

Quoting left.drowning: I work with migraines.

It's awful to be an adult some days.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)