Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Christmas gifts ordeals.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 15 Replies

In order to afford a ps4 for my children, (it was on sale) I had to buy a couple of gift cards so I could complete the amount needed for my purchase. I only have one credit card by choice with a really low limit, by choice too, so I needed the difference for it. It took me 50 minutes to pull the money from different accounts in order to pay for the console. This has been a weird Christmas. I have been pulling resources, saving money, finding Hatchimals all over town, in order to give my kids a good Christmas in my budget, but I feel like its one big problem solving exercise in a fun/weird way. So my question is, what or when was the last Christmas you had a "fun/crazy/challenging" struggle , to find or acquire gifts for your kids? I am mostly looking for funny stories. Last Christmas my mom was almost run over by another grandma because she got the last Furby and she wanted it for her granddaughter. Every time I remember it I laugh my butt off.

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 28, 2016 at 2:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
left.drowning
by Fix Me on Nov. 28, 2016 at 2:50 PM
2 moms liked this
I don't struggle with Christmas gifts. If they don't get it and theu really want it then they know they will get it eventually.

I refuse to stress about Christmas gifts.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Isaacsmom913
by Ruby Member on Nov. 28, 2016 at 2:55 PM

Never...I start right after my sons birthday 9-13 and am done by early November.  I find it more challenging to find Betty Crocker gingerbread mix for my cookies than gifts!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 28, 2016 at 2:58 PM

LOL. I don't have any yet. My DS is 5 and doesn't really care or understand Christmas yet. He's autistic, semi-verbal. 

lenashark
by Emerald Member on Nov. 28, 2016 at 2:59 PM

If it was that much of a struggle to pull the money together, I wouldn't get it for them.

zombieskayer
by Platinum Member on Nov. 28, 2016 at 3:00 PM

I don't have any struggles because i have ds 6 and all he wants is pete the cat books every year and they are super easy to come by

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 28, 2016 at 3:00 PM
I've been lucky no crazy Christmas gift stories. I'm doing it all what seems like last minute this year, but I'm not loving it. Lol
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 28, 2016 at 3:05 PM

I usually save x amount of dollars for each child. Every time I buy something for them I pull it from each of their cards, but since this was one gift for all of them, I had to pull the same amount from each of their accounts, because the seller did not accept multiple payment options.It became a struggle because I was so caught up on not losing the sale, that I forgot I could have pull it all form one account and then transfer the money from all the accounts after I purchased the ps4. SO in the end it was funny experience for me lol

Quoting zombieskayer:

I don't have any struggles because i have ds 6 and all he wants is pete the cat books every year and they are super easy to come by

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 28, 2016 at 3:11 PM

I had the money it was the logistics what were off. I usually save x amount of money and I spread it between all my kids in their accounts. Every time I pay for a gift I use their bank account. I feel that way is more fair. Since this was 1 gift for the three of them. I got caught up pulling from each account the same amount, when I could have pull from one of the account and the transfer the money from the other accounts to it. That is why I find it funny. I was busy trying to get the deal that all logic left the building lol

Quoting lenashark:

If it was that much of a struggle to pull the money together, I wouldn't get it for them.

lenashark
by Emerald Member on Nov. 28, 2016 at 3:12 PM

Why wouldn't you just pay for it out of your own account then and transfer their account money into yours afterward?

Quoting Anonymous 1:

I had the money it was the logistics what were off. I usually save x amount of money and I spread it between all my kids in their accounts. Every time I pay for a gift I use their bank account. I feel that way is more fair. Since this was 1 gift for the three of them. I got caught up pulling from each account the same amount, when I could have pull from one of the account and the transfer the money from the other accounts to it. That is why I find it funny. I was busy trying to get the deal that all logic left the building lol

Quoting lenashark:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 28, 2016 at 3:14 PM

Soon you  will!!! :)

Quoting Anonymous 2:

LOL. I don't have any yet. My DS is 5 and doesn't really care or understand Christmas yet. He's autistic, semi-verbal. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)