Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What what you post on social media when you have a job

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 40 Replies
I was a kindergarten teacher a year ago and I got fired after superintendent found out about a picture I posted on Facebook me drinking at a bar. Well I'm working at Walmart right now and my coworker got fired for posting a nude photo of herself on Snapchat. This is why I dont add anyone on Facebook or other social media other than family members and very close friends. I dont want to lose this job over social media and I advise you be careful what you post if you want to keep your job and they can find out.
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 28, 2016 at 2:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Episkey
by Dra til helvete on Nov. 28, 2016 at 2:50 PM
I keep my social media private and therefore have none of these issues.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 28, 2016 at 2:51 PM
I post nothing on social media.

Except pics of bunnies. I love bunnies!
owl0210
by Sapphire Member on Nov. 28, 2016 at 2:52 PM
Was there a clause in your contract about drinking outside of work??
SciFiMama91
by 🎨Crafty Pants🎨 on Nov. 28, 2016 at 2:52 PM
I keep my profile private.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 28, 2016 at 2:54 PM
Isn't this common sense? I keep my social media profiles private and still don't post anything I wouldn't want my children or my Grandparents to see, lol.
AnnieGoolaheey
by Mrs. Annie Proffitt on Nov. 28, 2016 at 2:54 PM

I am careful about what I post and who I add.  I also keep my profile on lock down so nothing is public anyway.  I think certain people in certain jobs should not add people from work, keep their profile completely private, and not add their employer to their profile.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 28, 2016 at 2:54 PM

I don't post anything inappropriate on FB. The only thing that could get me fired would be posting about patients. I don't say anything about my job on FB at all. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Nov. 28, 2016 at 2:55 PM

Why would you post a nude selfie on social media anyway?  Do people not realize that crap will follow you for a life time.

Traci_Momof2
by Ruby Member on Nov. 28, 2016 at 2:55 PM

I thought this was common sense.  Employers can and do check FB so if you don't want to lose your job, keep it clean.

And I've always had the rule of never friending co-workers on FB.  I don't like to mix my work life and personal life too much.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Nov. 28, 2016 at 2:56 PM
Since I have more self respect than posting nude or inappropriate photos on Facebook, I'm fine in my good paying government job.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)