Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you remember the first time your kid said

Posted by on Nov. 28, 2016 at 3:11 PM
  • 28 Replies
They didn't love you? My 4 year old said it for the first time today after preschool pickup. She wanted to stay and play at the playground with her friends and I said no so she kicked me, hit me and yelled she didn't love me and to 'just go away from her forever' as I was loading her into the car.
by on Nov. 28, 2016 at 3:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Nov. 28, 2016 at 3:12 PM
Were you able to get some help?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 28, 2016 at 3:14 PM

My kid is 19 and has never told me he didn't love me, has never told me he hated me, or anything else like that.

I on the other hand talked a lot of shit to my mom at different times growing up. I've done a lot of apologizing through my adult years.

April620
by Ruby Member on Nov. 28, 2016 at 3:15 PM
No I didn't need help getting her in the car

Quoting Anonymous 1: Were you able to get some help?
zombieskayer
by Platinum Member on Nov. 28, 2016 at 3:17 PM

Yeah I do. It's pretty recent (he's 6) He said he didn't love me and he was going to take christmas away from me. All because I asked him to take a bath. 

MrsBieg
by Platinum Member on Nov. 28, 2016 at 3:17 PM
Oh dear. I guess this means no playground tomorrow either. Hitting and kicking Mommy is a terrible way to get what you want.

I don't remember if either of my kids ever said it...it's not the sort of thing I'd remember.

Don't text and drive.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 28, 2016 at 3:18 PM
Shes 10 and hasnt yet. I'm prepared for teen years it might happen :/
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 28, 2016 at 3:19 PM
They haven't come out and said that exactly... I've heard you're not my mom anymore, we are never gonna be friends again, you never have to play with me again!, I'm running away... Drama drama drama.
EntrepeneurMom
by The Major on Nov. 28, 2016 at 3:19 PM
He told me he hated me during a tantrum at 4, he's never said it since.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Nov. 28, 2016 at 3:19 PM
My dd is 9 and hasn't said it to me ever. She has said she was mad at me.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Nov. 28, 2016 at 3:20 PM
DD is 12, has never said anything like that. She has literally always been the best behaved child, the most kind, caring person I've met. Humble brag, I know, but she's always been great. I figure once the hormones kick in she's gonna make up for lost time. But that day is not today, today she is a dream to be around.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)