Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Most like not getting invited back.

Posted by on Nov. 28, 2016 at 3:12 PM
  • 14 Replies
Thanksgiving me and my 3 boys went to my grandmother's daughter in law's house for the day. When one of my uncles showed up he went in the house and set down on the couch. All the kids where running around in and out of the house and all of them were going in front of the tv. The only one he yelled at was my middle son. I removed Joseph from thay space and told him to just go play.

Then they started placing the food out and Joseph got super excited about the mac and cheese. I was getting his attention so he could go wash and dry his hands when the same uncle started yelling at him again. I lost it on him. I told him to shut the fuck up let me deal with my kid and stay out if it. I have to handle him the way I am for a reason and he just needs to stop. That's when he yelled that I just need to bust his ass. I turn back towards him and said no the hell I don't. Spanking isn't going to do shit to help the situation and I won't do it. He told me that's what's wrong with him then he's not getting his ass beat. I told him to mind his own damn business and leave us alone. My grandmother was sitting there the whole time and told my uncle to hush it up.

This isn't the first issue I've had with this uncle. He is always picking on Joseph and getting on to him for everything thing. The other kids could be doing the same damn thing but Joseph is always the one in trouble. If we are at my grandmother's house and all the kids get candy out of the candy dish he doesn't say shit. As soon as Joseph does he's getting yelling at. I usually just remove Joseph from the room that he's in so it doesn't happen. But this time I couldn't hold it in. Joseph wasn't doing anything wrong. He was starting to listen as soon as I said he needed to listen and then my uncle started yelling.

He thinks just cause he was a caregiver for adults with special needs many years ago he has a right to tell me how to raise my son. He has never even had his own children. I don't need his input in how to raise my child. Down Syndrome is totally different then the adults he was watching after. I know what I'm doing and what works for my kid.

So most likely I won't be going to family invites anymore since I was disrespectful. But I won't let a grown man bully my kid. And the worse part about this is that Joseph is this uncles Godson. He wasn't like this at all when I was growing up. He was my favorite uncle growing up. But every since his divorce a few years ago he's been a total asshole. Sorry for it eing so long. Needed to vent and hubby isn't a good person to vent to about my family. He can't stand them and I'm seeing why now.
by on Nov. 28, 2016 at 3:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
quinnsmom715
by Ruby Member on Nov. 28, 2016 at 3:15 PM

tell the bastard to fuck off and die.

amy1will
by Amethyst on Nov. 28, 2016 at 3:18 PM
We left about 30mins later. When we went to leave he was trying to play nice. I just walked out. I almost punched him in him face. I was so pissed off.

Quoting quinnsmom715:

tell the bastard to fuck off and die.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Nov. 28, 2016 at 3:18 PM
Good for you standing up to him!
What does he mean? Did he beat the people he took care of? He should be in jail if he did. Only good thing out of this is he doesn't have kids of his own
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 28, 2016 at 3:18 PM
I know I wouldn't invite you again.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 28, 2016 at 3:19 PM
Yeah I don't blame you, you don't need that. Screw him
amy1will
by Amethyst on Nov. 28, 2016 at 3:20 PM
No he never hit any of the guys that lived with him. I know that for a fact cause we stayed with him and my aunt alot when they did that. I would of told if he did. Yea I'm so glad he never had kids.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Good for you standing up to him!
What does he mean? Did he beat the people he took care of? He should be in jail if he did. Only good thing out of this is he doesn't have kids of his own
amy1will
by Amethyst on Nov. 28, 2016 at 3:21 PM
And I would be fine with that. I stood up for my kid.

Quoting Anonymous 2: I know I wouldn't invite you again.
amy1will
by Amethyst on Nov. 28, 2016 at 3:23 PM
Breaks my heart that he is treated that way. I won't stand for it. He can stay away from us and I wouldn't care.

Quoting Anonymous 3: Yeah I don't blame you, you don't need that. Screw him
ALynn565
by Gold Member on Nov. 28, 2016 at 3:23 PM

I do not blame you for standing up. That is your child, not his, and he does not sound like he knows how to even punish in the correct way. Good thing he does not have his own kids.

jabs54
by Ruby Member on Nov. 28, 2016 at 3:25 PM

You had every right to tell him to mind his own business.  I wouldn't tolerate anyone yelling at my child (unless they deserved it).  I know a lot of people that find the "f" word offensive.  Is that why you were accused of being disrespectful?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)