Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Wish lists

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 18 Replies
Do you make them for your children? If so, do you get upset when someone deviates from the list?

My SIL makes crazy-expensive wish lists for my nieces, and gets FURIOUS when people get them something else, or buys the same item from a different store (that way it will be removed from the list). It's not a wedding or baby registry, I just didn't realize it was that serious to some people.

Personally, I find it to be a bit presumptious and kind of rude. Especially if all the items are on the expensive side. I give people an idea of what my kids might like, but I am thankful that they are even thinking of my kids to get them a present, so they can pick what they think is best.

What do you think?
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 28, 2016 at 3:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momofthem311
by on Nov. 28, 2016 at 3:18 PM
If people ask me what they want I will give them a few ideas. I don't expect anything and am only thankful for whatever they may get.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 28, 2016 at 3:18 PM
That is so rude and ungrateful. I wouldn't never buy stuff from her stupid list.
left.drowning
by Fix Me on Nov. 28, 2016 at 3:20 PM
No one buys my kids gifts but my dad. He gives me the money and I buy the stuff.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 28, 2016 at 3:20 PM
I do the same.

Quoting momofthem311: If people ask me what they want I will give them a few ideas. I don't expect anything and am only thankful for whatever they may get.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 28, 2016 at 3:21 PM
I do for extended family because they ask a bunch of times anyway. I put things in price ranging from cheap up to $50 I tell the kids no adding anything over $50 to wishlist for family because they have a lot of cousins that family is buying for too.

Anyway one of DHs sisters always picks something not on their lists, but she uses what they asked for to get a feel for what they're into since we live far away.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 28, 2016 at 3:21 PM
Lol and I don't! SIL is a spoiled brat and she is making my nieces the same way too unfortunately .

Quoting Anonymous 2: That is so rude and ungrateful. I wouldn't never buy stuff from her stupid list.
CorpCityGrl
by Ruby Member on Nov. 28, 2016 at 3:22 PM

If people ask me what DD wants, I give them a few ideas but I'm not like that. We're just grateful she gets something and she's thought of.

blessed107
by Sapphire Member on Nov. 28, 2016 at 3:22 PM
She should be grateful for whatever the kids receive. No one has to give them a thing.
BasketCaseAnn
by Bronze Member on Nov. 28, 2016 at 3:24 PM
My family all use Amazon wish lists. We each keep them and add things through the years and we all have ours linked together and can pull up anyone's list when we want or need to get them something. Is really easy and there's always tons of things to choose from with all different prices. Before Christmas my mom will ask everyone to review their list and remove anything that we already have or no longer want. It's great.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 28, 2016 at 3:24 PM
If that works for your family, then that's smart. My issue with it is getting upset over not getting the items on the list, but from the tone of your reply, you don't sound like that.

Quoting Anonymous 3: I do for extended family because they ask a bunch of times anyway. I put things in price ranging from cheap up to $50 I tell the kids no adding anything over $50 to wishlist for family because they have a lot of cousins that family is buying for too.

Anyway one of DHs sisters always picks something not on their lists, but she uses what they asked for to get a feel for what they're into since we live far away.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)