Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I might sound stupid but at least I'm trying

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 6 Replies

Every year, my family/friends celebrate new years together and we bring a list of resolutions. I'm such a last minute person and my resolutions are always the typical crap such as lose weight, eat better, and blah blah. Last year, it was to stop being a last minute person. 

So now it's not even December and I'm trying to word my resolution just right. I want to stop making snide comments about other people under my breath. I want to be more kind, caring, and compassionate. To not judge others harshly because they are not just like me. 

Is that too much to resolve in doing? My kids are getting older and noticing things about me, these are things I want to change before they start doing as I do. 

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 28, 2016 at 4:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Thelmama
by Ruby Member on Nov. 28, 2016 at 4:36 PM

Sounds like a good list.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 28, 2016 at 4:37 PM
That's not too much to resolve at all.
ColleenF30
by Lube Girl on Nov. 28, 2016 at 4:41 PM

I made a resolution about 10 or so years ago. It was to never make another resolution. I have kept it!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 28, 2016 at 4:43 PM

So...you want to be a better person?  Always good

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 28, 2016 at 4:54 PM
So in not so many words you want to be kind :) good for you! I'll try that next year. Just kidding!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Nov. 28, 2016 at 5:06 PM
I think the biggest thing is accepting that you're an asshole and learning to keep your thoughts to yourself, even laugh to yourself about them. For me, not verbalizing those thoughts eliminates the chance for someone else to laugh and in turn cause me to further indulge in being an asshole. I think about what I said, feel bad for being a dick, my heart swells for 30 seconds, and I feel I've become less of an asshole over the years.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)